Chapter 12

"Give it time", they say
It could tell you everything you need to know,
the days definitely could tell you a lot
You fell, you've relished in the pain, anguish, torment
but you gotta get the dirt off your knees, palms and move on
Stagnancy is definitely not your thing,
Is it?

                                  -PreshyKenna

Reed's POV

Zain Javadd Malik, known mononymously as Zayn, is an English singer and songwriter. Born and raised in Bradford, West Yorkshire, Malik auditioned as a solo contestant for the British music competition, The X-factor, in 2010.

After being eliminated as a solo performer, Malik was brought back into the competition, along with four other contestants, to form the boy band that would later be known as One Direction; which quickly rose to be one of the most popular boy bands in history.

On March 25th, 2015, the singer/songwriter quit the band after almost five years, claiming he wanted to be "a normal 22-year-old". His departure left his fans and bandmates alike, heartbroken.

After his departure, Malik seemed to vanish into thin air and his former bandmates claim they haven't seen or spoken to him since he left the band.

Happy New Year!

I hear the distant cheers for the new year from downstairs while a soap opera unfolds on this floor.

What is he doing here? He shouldn't be here.

It's not my business, but it just wasn't adding up.

"Is there a reason you're staring at me like that? Or has your brain just left you and gone on vacation," Zayns asks with clear irritation, scowling at me.

My brain doesn't even process what he's saying, I just continue gaping at him, unable to pretty much do anything else.

He opens his mouth to say something else when a familiar set of blue eyes catches our attention from the hall.

Niall instantly freezes on the spot, holding a very much drunk and sleepy Gemma around her waist, and he stares back at us.
His expression is almost unreadable but I can sense a hint of....fear?

He quickly snaps out of it and makes his way over to us as casually as he could.

"There you are. Did you find the bathroom?" He asks me with a nervous smile, pretending Zayn isn't standing beside him and observing our interaction.

I just shake my head no, unable to trust myself with words. I didn't even remember that was the reason I came up here in the first place.

"Come on," he nods his head towards the hall, "I think there's one in the spare bedroom." He turns to walk down the hall and glances at Zayn before quickly looking away.

I just follow him in silence and I don't bother to look back, but I hear a door slam loudly behind me.

Niall struggles balancing Gemma and turning the knob of the door, before he lets us in.

He walks into the room, turning on the light from a switch on the wall before carefully walking over to the Queen-sized bed at the center and placing Gemma on it, tucking her under the covers. Gemma hums in response and cuddles one of the obnoxiously fluffy pillows.

He turns to look at me and raises an eyebrow, "aren't you going to come in?"

I walk in and shut the door behind me, making the noise from downstairs to reduce to muffles.