Chapter 6

I'm sorry if I seem uninterested
Or I'm not listening, or I'm indifferent
Truly I ain't got no business here
But since my friends are here
I just came to kick it
But really I would rather be at home
All by myself
Not in this room with people who don't even care about my wellbeing
I don't dance
Don't ask
I don't need a boyfriend
So you can go back
Please enjoy your party
I'll be here

                                      -Alessia Cara

Harry's POV

I lost her.

I know. How can I lose a person?

I've lost my socks, rings, boxers, shirts, keys. But never an entire human being.

Well there was this one time when I was about fourteen and I was babysitting my neighbor's four-year-old nephew....It wasn't really my fault. I left the back door open and he kind of wondered into the street.

We did find him. Eventually.

But it wasn't my fault this time either. One minute, Reed was right beside me while Niall tried- shamelessly and failing miserably if I might add, to flirt with her. And the next minute I can't find her.

I looked away for just five seconds.

Okay. I was talking to Kendall, so maybe a little over five seconds.

Just a little.

There are a lot of people here. The party turned out to be bigger than I was informed. I don't know a lot of the people here so I was a bit nervous about how Reed would handle the crowd.

This night is not playing out how I thought it would.

I had a feeling something would go wrong when Louis told me the party, which was originally supposed to be a quiet little evening get together, would start by eight.

Apparently, he thought it would be a good idea to let the party cross over to Christmas morning so we could do a countdown.

Are you confused? Good. So was I.

It seems my little friend Tommo doesn't realize that the countdowns are for new year's eve parties.

Sigh.

But I didn't think this night could go south so fast. Especially with how earlier today was.

*flashback*

Eight hours, on the same spot, watching the greatest movies off all time. I couldn't have spent the day better.

I set the movies to play back-to-back so I could build the momentum.

The notebook. Love actually. The titanic. Pretty woman. Gone with the wind.

I still find it hard to believe that Reed hasn't watched any of them. I mean who hasn't? Has she been living under a rock.

I think I may have over reacted when she told me. But my heart literally stopped when she deadpanned, "I haven't". I swear I can still hear her saying it over and over in my head.

I couldn't stop myself from texting Lara, my assistant, to get all the movies ready in my screening room. It was almost reflex.

I love the girl but sometimes she just catches me off guard you know.

No. I didn't mean it like that. I know I said love but I just meant..well you see...it's really just...OK stop looking at me like that. You know what I meant so stop smiling. Geez.