Chapter 24

Hung high and dry where no one can see
If there's no one to blame, blame it on me
Storm in the sky, fire in the street
If there's nothing but pain, put it all on me

                                      -Matt Mason

Reed's POV

"I-I can take it." I hear a voice say through shaky breaths and not long after, an obscene moan follows.

"Shit babe, I think this is the wettest you've ever been." I hear a deep voice growl breathlessly, followed by the harsh sounds of skin slapping on skin echoing around the room, making me want to crawl under this bed and just die.

I don't know if Dr.James' walls are very thin or they're just very loud, either way, this has been my nightly torment for the past couple of days.

For someone who hasn't exactly had sex, I've had my own share of porn-watching and I can tell you for a fact that their dirty talk would have Mia Khalifa cringing.

But I digress.

I try to ignore the inappropriate sounds coming from the next room and distract myself with looking around the room aimlessly.

The streetlights are the only source of illumination since I left the curtains slightly open, but it's enough for me to make out the silhouette of the furniture surrounding the room.

It's a simple room. Nothing fancy.

It didn't have a lot going on decoration-wise, but it had the essentials every room needed- a queen sized bed, a dresser in the corner, a beside table. The walls were painted a very light shade of lilac, but the furniture were mostly wooden and cream colored, matching the cream colored fluffy rug at the center of the room, which was was a nice compliment

No, I was not freaking out because of the color introduction to my semi-natural habitat.

I'm not a psychopath. I do have my preference but I have lived in colored rooms before and I didn't die.

My aunt was just going overboard by getting me a white themed room in her home. I did love it very much though and it would be very helpful when I got my panic attacks.

But this is a nice guest room and I haven't had any panic attacks so far so I'm good.

No panic attacks, and surprisingly, no nightmares.

Well, no nightmares tonight though. I'm not as lucky some other days.

My brain was probably too exhausted to contort anything at the moment, so I may have reached my limit for now.

Either that or the fact that my aunt and her new lover have been going at it for over an hour like sexcraved rabbits.

Either way, I'm not complaining.

"Fuck, harder Ja-" My aunt's strangled moan is followed by the sound of wood hitting the wall directly above my head.

I realize I've had enough of the torment and push off the heavy blanket I was wrapped in off my body, dashing out of the room and straight into the hallway without thinking.

I walk into the little bathroom at the end of the hall and turn on the lights behind me, walking to the sink and cupping some water into my hands before splashing it on my face and repeating the action a few more times.

When I'm done, I turn off the tap and look up to reach for a towel before I'm momentarily distracted by my reflection.

My hair is up in a very messy bun I struggled for minutes to tie before I went to bed, preventing any annoying loose strands from falling over my face, but I can tell the elastic in my hair is struggling to hold up by how loose the bun has gotten.