Chapter 14

Lots of times I've tortured that deep feeling of mine
So I filled up all the chairs so we won't dine-
together cause I know it's dangerous
But that I keep running away
from, keeps coming back
Like it's what my life needs but lacks
But deep down I know I shan't
For I can't even though I want
So I lock it up and the key I pray is forever lost
But that feeling I ignore
Even though I've washed it off to shore
The more I try to forget it seems
like a movie in my head put on repeat
So sweet
But full of deceit
Never fall for it oh dear friends
nor my foes
I'll never wish they even try
For I
I know it's tempting but it's dangerous

                                     -PreshyKenna

Harry's POV.

"Thank you for the surprise." She turns back around and runs up the stairs, leaving me frozen in my stance as I watch her until she reaches the top and runs in the direction of her room.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

Shit.

I don't even know what the hell just happened but this wasn't my plan at all.

Fuck.

If I had known that I was bringing a piece of hell back with me, I wouldn't have come back from St.Bart's.

Fucking shit.

I would literally give anything to wipe away the look she had engraved on her face from the moment she laid her eyes on Jasminda.

She could come up with a thousand and one explanations when I ask her about what just happened, or even avoid the questions all together, but she would never be able to erase what I saw.

To any other person that hadn't lived and interacted with Reed over the last couple of weeks, they would have missed it.

It was easy to be distracted by her stoic face and blank stare. You would always think she gave nothing away.

But I saw it. In that moment, she gave just about everything away.

I saw it every time her heart broke and was quickly pieced back together again. I saw it every time Jasminda fired her hateful words like flamed arrows at her.

At each shot, she fell apart and put herself back together before any one could see; building her walls higher each time they came  tumbling down.

But each time she built them back up, she failed to fill-in the cracks.

And when she knew it was all about to crash down on her, she ran. And I did nothing but watch her helplessly flee from the storms of her past.

"Thank you for the surprise."

Fuck, this wasn't even the surprise.

The sarcastic irony of her statement wasn't lost on me, and in any other situation, I would have probably laughed.

"You left me. You let her do unspeakable things to me. You heard my cries and my screams for help almost every fucking day and you did nothing about it."

I instantly cringe as her voice begins to replay in my head and I feel my ears begin to heat up.

"Get out." I state calmly, a bit too calm. But I know Jaz is too smart to be deceived by my eerily calm tone. I can literally feel my anger radiating off of me.