Chapter 4

Diana let me be the one to
light a fire inside those eyes
You've been lonely, you don't even know me
But I can feel you crying
Diana, let me be the one to
lift your heart up and save your life
I don't think you even realize
Baby you'll be saving mine

-One Direction

Harry's POV

I spent the entire week in the confines of my home and it couldn't have been better.
No one knows I'm here yet.

No screaming fans, although I absolutely adore my fans. No annoying paparazzi with the obnoxious clicks and flashes of their cameras. No all nighters in the recording studio. No early mornings at rehearsals for a performance.

Just me, my television, and a kitchen stocked with all the oreos, tatters, cookies, twinkies, chips, chocolate and basically any other sweets I'd like to drown myself in for the next week.

Not to mention the leftover pizza, chicken alfredo, lasagna and tubs of ice cream from last night.

Thank you Gem!

I sigh in contentment.

I could get used to this.

I'm in the middle of an "ex on the beach" marathon, in only sweatpants, my shirt long forgotten, when I get a text from niall.

"Liam and I just landed. We're on our way to the hotel. Lou called and said the party is at his house. We have a few things to do in the city for the next couple of days so we'll just see you then." -Ni

I almost forgot about Lou's birthday. He's going to murder me if I don't get the watch he wanted.

"Don't forget to get him a present. Again." I read the next text from Niall.

Why does everyone think I'm not going to get him a present?
Gosh. You make a mistake three times and suddenly you're the bad guy.

"I didn't forget. I've already got the present." I text him back.

I hesitantly leave my spot on the couch, bag of chips in hand, and start making my way to the shower.

I hear another beep and pull out my phone from my pocket.

"You forgot again didn't you?" Ni's text reads.

I don't reply. I totally forgot.

*****

I wouldn't have taken the longest shower in history and driven as slow as the skateboarder on the sidewalk if I had known the mall would have been this crowded.

The plan was to get in, place the order for the watch, get the pick up date, make the payment and get out - and go back to my "ex on the beach" marathon.

I didn't expect to spend almost forty-five minutes looking for a parking space at the lot and then bulldoze my way through thousands of people whenever I made a turn.

This is going to be a long day.

Three hours.

A trip of less than thirty minutes took me three excruciatingly long hours.

I lost my way countless times on my way to the store the first hour.
And then when I finally got there, it looked like the whole mall was packed in there. I had to wait about two hours before it got to my turn.

Need I remind you that I had my glasses on and black hood down the entire time trying to avoid any attention.
I look like I'm on some undercover mission but thankfully, no one looked twice.