Chapter 22

When you want it, it goes away too fast,
Times you hate it, it always seems to last

                              -Marilyn Manson

Reed's POV

My breathing starts to get heavy and I try to stop his lips from brushing against mine but he captures them in lightening speed.

I try pushing against his head but he claims my lips forcefully. His arms snake around my waist and he pulls me flush against his chest, deepening the kiss.

He moans hungrily into the kiss and pulls away with a sly smirk, leaning into me to whisper sultrily in my ear and I shudder in return as his hot breath fans my skin.

"You are nothing."-

"You okay?"

I snap out of my thoughts and focus on a pair of expectant emerald eyes that are already boring into my dull ones.

"Huh?"

"You looked like you were deep in thought." Harry says, looking away from my face briefly to watch his fingers continue their movement through my thick hair. "Something on your mind?"

I try to ignore the feeling of his ringcladded fingers running through my hair, occasionally brushing up my scalp and focus on the conversation at hand.

It's been two weeks since I had my nightmare about Harry and the episode that followed. I've had flashes about that nightmare and a few new nightmares since then.

None of which I have told Harry about; I don't plan to.

After the conversation we had when he first came into my room and the second one when he told me about Zayn, I kind of felt guilty for still not trusting him 100%.

It's not like I haven't tried to believe everything he's ever told me about how he feels, he was even open enough to tell me about Zayn just to prove his point, which made me feel even more guilty because I still haven't told him that Zayn and I talked.

It's funny how I'm scared he's not being completely honest with me, when I'm hiding something from him.

But I can't help the doubt that creeps up on me sometimes; it always lingers at the back of my head because deep down, I'm waiting for him to do exactly what everyone else has done.

Fail me.

"Oh nothing," I say dismissively, he doesn't look like he buys it and is about to say something before I speak quickly. "Let me see how far you've gone." I say, lifting my head from its previous position on his laps and get off the couch, making my way to a mirror at the corner of his living room.

"You are terrible at this," I deadpan, examining Harry's excuse of a braid.

"It's not that bad."

"This looks nothing like what I did for you," I counter, turning to point at the neat braids I pulled his hair into, a couple of minutes ago.

"For your information, I think I've improved quite nicely, thank you very much." Harry says, flipping the end of one of his braids dramatically.

"Well, at least I don't need to cut my hair this time around." I say as I start to undo the little braid at the side of my head, referring to the last time Harry tried to braid my hair and ended up pulling a part of it into a thick knot that I had to cut off.
"But I know for a fact that Isabella could do much better."

It's also been about a week since Isabella's parents came back from their vacation and her dad came to pick her up.

Harry told me everything that was up and thought it would be a good idea for me to talk to her. After a lot of persuasion and prepping, I pulled up my big girl pants and went to her.