Chapter 17

If you need a little love, my friend
Come along, I will understand
If you need a little faith, my dear
Come along, I'll still be here
And if you need a little help, that will never end
Come along and take my hand
If you need a little love,
I'll be your friend

-BossHoss, Mimi & Josy

Reed's POV

"Watching you get dressed, messes with my head
Take that bag off your shoulders," I sing to the mirror as I try to pull my frizzy hair up into a decent ponytail, after making sure the little braids I made in front are secure.

"Come get back in bed, we still got time left
This don't have to be over."

A chime from my phone pulls me away from my not-so-dreadful reflection on the mirror.

I continue humming as I pick up my phone from the bath stool and unlock it.

Hey sweety! I hope you're doing ok. I've got good news. They've started working on the house so we'll be back in sooner than you think. Text me back when you get the chance. I love you❤

Aunt Anikkah reads.

She's sent me a text everyday to see how I was doing and my usual robotic response was that I was fine. But, the second part of her text was something I hadn't thought about in a while.

They've started working on the house so we'll be back in sooner than you think.

Sooner than I think?

I know she doesn't mean in a couple of days, more so less weeks than expected; but I never thought that I'd be dreading to hear that.

For the first few days I was here, that was all I was hoping for; that they would have magically repaired all the damages in less than twenty-four hours and I'd leave Harry's house just as quickly as I came.

But after the last couple of weeks, and especially last night, I'm not as excited to be leaving as I thought.

I kinda forgot that this is only temporary, but her text was a slap back into reality.

After last night, I can't deny that I'm curious to know what happens next. I've grown to be quite comfortable around Harry, and despite the fact that it freaks me out sometimes, I've become oddly OK with that.

I don't really know how leaving would make me feel.

I start texting her back, telling her that I'm fine, as I give myself a once over in front of the mirror.

I took my time in the shower, enjoying as the hot water magically loosened a lot of the knots in my back. It was a nice way to start off my day, despite the fact that it didn't really help the relentless pressure in my temples.

A few years ago, I wouldn't have even blinked at the quantity I drank last night. It really was just a little bottle of whiskey, but I guess being three years sober took away my immunity to the effects of alcohol.

I'm just hoping to sleep it off, which is why I opted for a sweater and sweatpants to lounge in for the whole day.

"You should probably stay, probably stay a couple more days
Come on let me change your ticket home," I continue singing as I finish off my text, blindly reaching for the light switch as I leave the bathroom.

"You should probably stay, be with me a couple more days-"

"I didn't know you were a fan,"
A husky voice startles me, making me drop my phone.