Chapter 5

I came into your picture
such a broken fool
A million different pieces
looking back at you
Believe me when I say this
I was giving up
But now you come and save me
And I know, and I know its a different love
And I know, and I know that you make me better
It's a love that will keep me holding on
And I know, and I know we only get better

                                                 -SYML

Reed's POV

I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to stay with harry.

You were thinking you had nowhere to go cause you don't know anyone in this city and so you jumped on the opportunity- my subconscious reminds me.

He also did say he had tubs of ice cream in his freezer.

With the whole firefighters, ambulance and hospital fiasco, the press figured out that harry is here in London.

The whole point of him sneaking around this city, in his camouflage get-up, was to avoid exactly what happened.

It's all my fault. I had to ruin yet another person's life.

Dramatic. I know.

As pessimistic as I am, I tend to exaggerate basic feelings and overeact. Or on the flipside, I under react. Either way, guilt is one feeling I don't handle well.

I'm pretty sure harry would have figured that out by now with the number of times I've apologized in the last week.

I could literally go, "Good morning. I'm so sorry. How was your night? It wasn't my intention. I didn't mean to cause any trouble. What's for breakfast? I'm truly sorry."

And that was just this morning.

The look on Harry's face as he walked out of his room a bit groggy while I burst out with a stream of apologies was priceless.

His brows lifted in surprise, before they dropped in confusion and then he bent over his knees laughing hysterically.

I'm glad my gut wrenching guilt was amusing to you Mr. Styles.

Which brings us to right now, in the kitchen eating breakfast.

Harry is smiling smugly at his plate of toast and scrambled eggs, while I'm trying to hideaway in my bowl of oatmeal in embarrassment.

The last couple of days haven't been so bad.

We've gone to see aunt Anikkah religiously every morning and evening since she was admitted.
She's just there; not getting better, not getting worse.
The fumes really did a number on her.

She was unconscious for the first two days and woke up silent on the third day. Dr. James says she still has a bit of a hard time breathing and she's probably just trying to save her energy.

She is on the oxygen tank most of the time and the nurses are watching her like hawks. We just have to wait and hope for the best.

The first two days were more eventful than I anticipated.

After we left the hospital, Harry and I went back to the mall to get a few things for me; just the basics. He thought it would be better for me to buy what I needed rather than going back to the house because of the smoke.

*Flashback*

"We have about two hours until the mall closes. So what do you need?" Harry asks me as we head through the mall doors.