Chapter 9

You are a pillar of beauty
Painted with the darkness of the night and sprinkled with stars
Your lips are two blushing pilgrims soft to the touch
Your hair lingers with the scent of cocoa butter and coconut oil
When I touch you, I get stained with love
It drips down my fingers and spreads across my clothes
I am left with the evidence of your presence

                                          -Eden Pela

Harry's POV

I killed her.

I killed her.

That's all I keep thinking when I find Reed unconscious on my kitchen floor.

I killed her.

That's all I'm thinking when I call the ambulance.

I killed her.

That's all I've been murmuring to myself for the past six hours, watching her laying on the hospital bed, still unconscious.

I killed her.

First I lost her. Then I killed her.

Harry Edward Styles, you are on a fucking roll.

The dinner wasn't just a welcome for Anikkah, it was also supposed to be a silent apology to Reed for earlier. It's obvious that the scribbles were a sour topic and I felt really bad; which is why I dashed into a nearby grocery store to buy all my supplies for the apology dinner.

In the few days that Reed and I have lived together, I haven't cooked a thing. Not even the eggs I had for breakfast.
I made a routine of buying our breakfast from the local diner a few blocks away; except on the days that Reed wanted oatmeal, then she made that herself.

After the food from Gemma, I had stocked in my fridge finished two days ago, I graduated to buying lunch as well. I ordered pizza on the first day, and chinese food on the second. And then we usually went for any junk food my pantry had to offer for dinner.

When I'm home, I usually just eat out, munch on random junk or go to my mom's place; I didn't think Reed would be comfortable constantly going to my mom's place to eat, that may be a little weird.

I don't know if Reed can cook, it never occurred to me to ask. But, I can't cook to save my life.
I can do the basics like boil water, make cereal and then there's the occasional noodles and pasta family. That's basically it.

The one day I decide to cook, like cook cook , something goes fucking wrong because as always, the universe found a plot twist to be quite amusing, so here we are.

Back in room 079 less than twenty-four hours later; I swear, we're turning this place into a family room.

To top off all of today's excitement, Lara called to remind me that I'm supposed to leave for St.Bart's tomorrow.
With the events of the last couple of hours, I hadn't even remembered the trip; let alone, started packing.

At this point, I'm not even sure I'll still go.

And if I wasn't too busy nearly having a mental breakdown while Dr.James explained what was wrong, I probably would have keeled over and started laughing. I honestly thought he was kidding.
The whole situation seemed like something straight out of a movie.

So, it turns out that me leaving the wasabi out was probably not the smartest idea. But, in my defense, I didn't expect her to eat the damn thing.
Then again, Reed is absolutely obsessed with ice cream, and it sort of looks like ice cream, I guess.

Ok. Maybe I should have seen this coming.

I can't even think straight at this point. I've been pacing back and forth, pulling at my hair ruthlessly, the whole time; I'm surprised I haven't gone bald yet.