Chapter 29

She didn't want him to run, he didn't want her to fear
Nobody said it'd be easy, they knew it was rough
But, tough luck

                            -The Neighbourhood

Gemma's POV

"You do realize how psychotic it is for you to have such a vital information and not tell me simply because you want me to get with a person you know absolutely nothing about, right? Or am I the only one in the room with the ability to reason?" He asks in disbelief, and I can see the straining prominent veins on his neck from how much he's been yelling, but I don't care.

Every last reasonable part of my brain is telling me to just shut the hell up, but I do the exact opposite.

"Look, the fact that Reed wasn't like any of the other whores you have wrapped around your fingers doesn't mean you had to treat her like shit. Not everyone bows down to the almighty Harry freaking Styles." I seethe at him, and I know that I'm going to regret every last word in about an hour or so, but I definitely don't give a damn right now.

"Get out." He says quietly and it takes my brain a few extra seconds to catch up with what he said.

"What?" I ask in disbelief. He had to be joking.

"I'm not kidding, Gemma. Get the fuck out now." He says chillingly and I can see how much he's trying to control himself by how tight his jaw is set. I know better than to take his quiet voice for calmness, especially since I could literally see the smoke coming out of his ears.

He just watches me as I continue to stare at him in disbelief before my brain connects with my body and I angrily march out of his kitchen, not failing to slam the front door shut when I walk through it.

I haven't seen Harry since he kicked me out of his house that day. Minus the fact that I sent him birthday wishes on his birthday which he didn't respond to, I haven't spoken to him either.

I knew where he was, I was just too pissed and stubborn to make any effort to reach out.

Did I handle the situation the right way? Probably not.

Did I have the balls to admit it to Harry? Hell no.

Dumping information about Reed on him like that was insensitive and a stupid move in general, especially since I wasn't completely sure of what I was saying and I had simply gone on a hunch.

He didn't need the extra drama, especially since he was dealing with the whole Zayn saga.

But I couldn't help it, it just slipped.

It's tiring watching the media portray my brother as a womanizer and man-whore who couldn't keep a stable relationship for his own life, and as untrue as I knew it was, I noticed that he was starting to play into the role.

Even if he wasn't doing it intentionally, he was giving them enough content to feed off of and if he wasn't tired, I certainly was.

And that's why I snapped.

Did I mean what I said? Not exactly.

Did I see some truth in some parts of it? Probably.

I wasn't surprised when I saw pictures of him back in L.A days before and on his actual birthday. Of course, the media didn't shy away from hinting at the fact that he was probably back to spend some time with Kendall, which I had already presumed.

But I was surprised to find out that he was back in London not long after. I don't know what caused the sudden change of heart, but I definitely wasn't going to call to find out.