Happy Birthday, y/n! - Peter Parker

Here's a Peter Parker birthday imagine because yesterday was my 16th birthday! Sorry it's super unedited - just some quick birthday fluff and fun 
++++++

"So is nobody going to tell me why Ned's head is stuck in a cake?"

"Y/n, we can explain." Peter glanced at Harley, who nodded questionably in response.

- seven hours earlier -

You walked into school and opened your locker like you would any other day although apparently, your locker didn't get the memo.

As soon as you opened the small metal door a flurry of blue and red confetti was blasted in your face, followed by a happy birthday balloon floating out. A card was attached to the end of the balloon and upon floating out of the locker the card fell on open on the floor, blasting the happy birthday song.

Smiling to yourself, you picked up the singing card and tied the balloon to your locker. "How the heck did he fit a balloon in there?"

"I have no idea," you laughed, pinning the card to the whiteboard in your locker.

"Peter told me to give you this," MJ said, handing you a plastic sweet 16 headband. "Happy birthday by the way. Sorry your party got canceled."

"Thanks MJ, and it's ok," you smiled, closing your locker and taking the headband from MJ. "What a dork." You took the silly plastic headband from MJ and put it on your head. "Speaking of which, where is Peter?"

"No idea." She shrugged her shoulders. "He told me to give it to you yesterday and I haven't seen him since."

"Hmmm. That's weird." For the last 10 years of your friendship, without fail, Peter showed up to school on your birthday with a cupcake and a coffee. When you were little it was a hot chocolate but traditions changed slightly as the two of you got older.

You figured they'd be different this year, now that Peter was your boyfriend, not just your best friend, and they were - confetti canon, singing cards and all, but you were expecting Peter to actually be there.

"I'm sure he'll show up some time." MJ shrugged her shoulders. "Come on. We're going to be late for chemistry."

"I don't wanna go to chem," you groaned, following MJ anyway. "Flash knows it's my birthday."

"I know," MJ smiled mischievously. "That's why we need to go to chemistry." Despite the fact you were dating Peter and had made it astoundingly clear that you didn't like Flash, his crush on you was relentless. He told you he had something planned for your birthday and that was almost enough to make you walk back through the doors of Midtown High and go home.

++++

"A mariachi band?! A freaking MARIACHI band?" You looked at MJ quizzically but she was too busy laughing. "Miss Martian looked about ready to throw me out the window."

"I dunno. I thought it was pretty funny. They played celebration every time you answered a question right." MJ broke off a piece of the edible sombrero Flash gave you during class and took a bite. "Plus, you have a coffee cart for the whole day, right Gilbert?"

"Right," Gilbert said, wheeling the coffee cart out of the classroom. "Coffee, doughnuts, hot chocolate, cupcakes...anything you need, I'm yours until 9 pm."