Milkshakes, hoodies, and SAT's - Tom Holland

AN: if you've read this story before please keep reading because it's twice as long and has an actual ending now

I tapped my pencil against my temple, hoping it would transfer some of the knowledge from my notes to my brain. Much to my demise, it didn't work and I still had no idea what to do. It didn't help that my brother was having a sleepover. It's really hard to study when you're listening to two 10-year-olds scream over Mario Kart.

I let out a sigh before stuffing my books in my bag. "I'm going out!" Grabbing my keys off the table, I threw my bag in the back and made my way to a local mom-and-pop diner to study. The thought of going to the library had crossed my mind, but during SAT season in a school full of nerds the library was louder than a Lizzo concert.

The ringing of the little bell above the door was accompanied by the voice cheerful man wearing an apron and holding a spatula. "Hey, Y/n!"

"Hey, Paul! Can I get my usual please," I asked, taking a seat in my favorite booth by the window.

"Sure thing kiddo. How are the SATs?"

"Stressful," I laughed, pulling my 5000 pound AP calculus textbook out of my bag. "But it'll all be worth it when I get accepted at UPenn."

"Come back and visit me when you're gone, ok?"

"Of course, Paul!" I looked up at the sentimental old man. I'd lived in the same small town my entire life and Paul's diner was one of my favorite places. My friends and I came here at least 3 times a week and in turn, had all grown close to Paul. He'd become that sentimental uncle that kinda acts like your dad sometimes.

Paul went to the back to work on my order (French fries, a burger, and a chocolate shake), so I pulled out my notebook and went over formulas and practice problems.

"Excuse me," A voice said about 20 minutes into my studying. I didn't bother to look up from my textbook, too engrossed in the problem I was working on to be bothered.

"Can I sit here?" I glanced around the diner, which was seemingly empty, but it made no difference to me.

"Sure," I said, still not looking at the boy. "Sorry, I'm usually not this cold, but.." I shrugged and gestured to my textbooks, stuffing a fry in my mouth. "Mid-SAT prep. Help yourself to some fries."

"That's alright, love." Something about the way he said love sounded familiar, so I finally looked at his face oh my freaking gosh.

"So what brings you to (your city's name)?" I asked the brown-haired Brit, sliding my phone under the table. The last thing I needed was for him to know he was my wallpaper. "I haven't seen you here before."

"I have an aunt who lives here and I'm doing some work nearby, so I came to visit."

"Cool." I shoved another fry in my mouth, still trying not to internally combust.

"Can I ask you something?" The boy said.

"As long as it's not about AP calc."

"Do you not know who I am?" He wasn't trying to sound conceded, but at this point, it was shocking when somebody didn't know who he was.

"I know who you are, Tom Holland. In fact, I'm exploding on the inside and I'm trying really hard not to freak out right now because I'm the biggest MCU nerd and Edge of Winter is my favorite movie and plus, you're you. But you're still a person, and people generally don't like being bombarded by random fans."

"Oh." Tom was a little stunned. He was glad I wasn't one of those crazy fans who tried to bombard him, but he was horrible at small talk and couldn't make conversation.