It's ok if you forget me - Tom Holland 🔨

Two weeks and I wait 'till the feeling hits
Maybe I just haven't let it sink in
For three years we were living together
Held me like you'd hold me forever
Didn't think that heartbreak would feel like this

Why did he let her go? Why had he let her walk away? No, she didn't walk away. He pushed her away. Tom told Y/n to leave. He could see that the pressure of a relationship hounded by media was getting to her. Y/n didn't want a life in the spotlight. She didn't ask for one and he wasn't going to send her into a life she didn't want.

He told her to leave his life, to back out of this relationship. He told her to forget him, to move on and be happy with somebody else. He told her he would leave if she didn't go first, so she did.

Y/n nodded her head and walked out the door without so much as a goodbye, not even asking for an explanation. She just left. Maybe this was what she wanted all along, maybe she was just too scared to say anything. Y/n's emotionless face was permanently burned into Tom's brain. What he didn't see, however, were the tears pouring down her face as she sat silently sobbing outside the door.

From everything to nothing at all
From every day to never at all

It'd been two weeks since he let her slip through his fingers and Tom was finally realizing what an absolute idiot he was. He'd talked to her best friend about trying to win y/n back, but she bitterly told Tom that Y/n was moving on, listening to what he said. Her best friend said Y/n had a date the next day. He was then promptly told off for five minutes straight about what a big idiot he was for letting Y/n go and how stupid he was to tell her to just forget about him. How was she meant to forget? She'd loved him for a year and was just expected to throw that away? And then after having told her she was erased from his life forever, he has the audacity to come beg for Y/n back? No. That was not going to happen.

Is it normal that...
I don't feel sorry for myself
Care if your hands touch somebody else
Wouldn't get jealous if you're happy
It's ok if you forget me

After being told off in the dog park, Tom went home, sat on the couch, and cried. Y/n had listened to him. She wasn't wasting time feeling sorry for herself, she was moving on, forgetting him. Tom tried to be happy for her, he told her it was ok to forget him, but he couldn't. Jealously coursed his veins thinking about some other guy's hand holding hers, but those feelings were immediately followed by a deep, soul-crushing, wave of sadness because Y/n was a strong girl. She could move on no matter what the world threw at her. She could pick up the pieces and put herself back together. Tom, on the other hand, couldn't.

Y/n was his rock, his light in the dark, his good in the bad. Her laugh and her smile could lift his mood no matter what had happened, her hugs were home. He felt so...empty without her eyes in his life. Now, a full 28 hours later, Tom still sat planted in the same spot on the couch, trying to figure out what a life without Y/n was like, but he couldn't. She was his entire life. She was the other half of his soul. He could lose everything. His job, his fame, his money, he could even lose Tessa, but everything would be ok because he had Y/n.

Except, now he didn't. Instead, he now had to figure out how to come to the terms with the fact she was no longer his, but no matter what, he would always be hers.

In all his self-pity and wallowing, Tom didn't notice the doorbell ringing until it had rung for the third time. "Coming," Tom mumbled, clearing his throat. Brushing the chip crumbs off his shirt he paused the TV, it's not like he knew what was playing anyways, tossed the blanket to the side, and walked to the door. "Can I help y.....ou."

Y/n was at his door. Even worse, she was at his door wearing white sneakers, ripped mom jeans, a white tank top, and a cropped button-down cardigan. Her hair was pulled back into a half up half down with a hair scarf and she was wearing her favorite pair of diamond studs. Her favorite date night outfit. She'd gone on the date. She'd moved on. So why was she here?

I don't feel empty now that you're gone
Does that mean it didn't mean nothing at all
and I'll tell you what the worst is
It's the way it doesn't hurt when I wish it did

"I was going to go on a date," she said, brushing past Tom and into his apartment. "I was going to go on a date. That I got on Tinder. I downloaded Tinder, Tom." Y/n looked at him like she had just said the most insane statement in the world. "I was going to go on a Tinder date with a guy who's profile pic was him playing beer pong."

"You hate Tinder. And beer pong," Tom stated, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his joggers. He didn't know what else to say. Luckily for him, Y/n wasn't done talking. "Exactly! That's not even the end of it. He wanted to take me to the movies," She scoffed, crossing her arms.

"You think going to the movies the tackiest, most unromantic idea of a date possible."

"I do!" She exclaimed, finally looking at Tom, taking in his disheveled state. There were crumbs in his hair, salsa stains on his shirt, and the bags under his eyes told her he hadn't had a decent night's sleep in a while. "So I didn't go on the date. I was on my way to meet him at the theater and then I realized how stupid this all was," she chuckled to herself and Tom's heart pulled in his chest. There was that laugh, that beautiful laugh he hadn't heard in two weeks.

"But I'm here because I don't want to forget you, Tom." She looked into his beautiful brown eyes, which were drowning in sorrow. Y/n could tell how broken her ex was and that was enough to shatter her heart.

"What?" Tom's voice was barely a whisper.

"I don't want to forget you," Y/n stated again, taking a step towards him. "I couldn't if I wanted to. You were my first kiss, my first love, you were my first heartbreak. Nobody just forgets that. But you know what the worst part is?" Tears were now beginning to form in Y/n's eyes. "I didn't feel empty, Tom. It didn't hurt," Y/n sniffed, blinking back tears. "I cried at first, yeah, but after that first good cry, it didn't hurt."

"Then why are you here, right now, Y/n," Tom asked, tears now falling down his cheeks. Had she just come to tell him she was fine and dandy without him? "To make me feel even worse?"

"I'm here because I wanted it to hurt, Tom, I want it to hurt so damn badly. I want it to hurt so much I can't breathe, but it doesn't. I'm here because this has taught me I can live without you," Y/n moved closer to Tom and interlaced one of her hands with his, using her other hand to wipe the tears from his face. "But I don't want to," she breathed, resting her forehead against Tom's. "I don't want to move on. I don't want our relationship to be a distant memory, I don't want you to just be the boy I used to love."

"But what about-"

"And I don't care about the long-distance, or the hate, or the paparazzi. I love you, Tom. I care about you. I want you."

As soon as those words left her lips Tom wrapped her in his arms because sometimes a hug could say more than a kiss ever could, and his strong arms immediately feeling like home. "I'm so so so sorry, love," Tom mumbled into her hair, scared that if he let go she would be gone again. "I need you. I didn't know how much I needed you until I told you to leave. They say you don't know a good thing until it's gone, but you're not just a good thing." He pulled his head back to look at her. "You're everything.'

"I've missed you," y/n smiled, leaning up to meet his lips. The kiss was soft and sweet, like the feeling of having your favorite sweet after missing it for a while.

Tom released Y/n from the hug but letting go of her hand. "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure," she laughed, following Tom to the couch. The two sat there for the rest of the night, binging movie after movie, and Tom knew he would be ok again because no matter what, he had y/n.

"I love you so much." Tom kissed the top of her head and she snuggled in closer to his chest.

"I love you too, Tommy."