You're worth waiting for - Peter Parker

Disclaimer: she's a lengthy one.

-------
"Hey, Y/n?"

"Hey, Peter, what's up!"  I grabbed my books out of my locker and closed it, turning to give him my full attention. He looked nervous and mad; like he wanted to cry and punch a wall at the same time. "Pete, are you ok?"  I looked him up and down, surveying his nervousness. "You look like you just watched a cat get hit by a bus."

"I...Ummm...I don't know how to tell you this," he mumbled, staring at the ground and rubbing his neck.

"Peter." I tried to catch his eyes. - he looked away- and put a hand on his shoulder. "Whatever happened, you can tell me. Aside from Ned, I'm your best friend. You can tell me if something happened." I paused and waited for Peter to say something but he just looked at me and sighed. "Did you kill somebody? I'll help you hide the body."

Peter chuckled dryly. "Y/n," Peter looked at me, his eyes full of sympathy. "I'm really sorry."

"For what? Did you actually kill somebody? I have a lot of questions but you can answer those later. If we're actually trying to get away with murder here, we shouldn't be talking in the hallway."

"No, I didn't kill anyone, but I really want to." Peter bounced on his toes. "Ok, I don't know how else to say this so I'm just going to be forward. "Y/n," Peter took a deep breath. "Flash is cheating on you."

The world went quiet when Peter spoke and all I could hear was the sound of my textbooks hitting the floor, Peter's words replaying over and over in my head. I stood there just staring at the ground, my brain trying to make sense of what he said.

"Y/n?" Peter said after a moment of silence. Painful, awful, you can hear the world ripping silence. When I didn't respond he wrapped me in a hug.

"No." I pushed Peter away and bent down to pick my books up off the floor. " You must be mistaken," I reasoned, shoving my chemistry textbook in my backpack. "Whatever you thought you saw or heard, it was probably just a misunderstanding."

"I don't think there's a misunderstanding when I walk by him kissing another girl. I'm really really sorry Y/n."

I sighed, the stinging reality of the situation sinking in. My boyfriend of four months cheated on me. "It's ok, Pete. Thanks for telling me," I whispered, slinging my backpack over my shoulders and walking away, keeping my eyes focused on my white doc martens.

"Y/n!" Peter called out, running up to me. "Do-"

" I have to go, but I'll see you for our study session tonight. 8 pm, right?"

"Yeah. But are you sure you're-"

"I'm fine. Bye Peter."

School had just ended when Peter told me this, which meant Flash was still here. Kissing somebody that wasn't his girlfriend and that, sir, did not fly with me. I wasn't sure when the mood change came. I was sad when Peter told me but now I was just mad. Not just mad, livid.

Walking out of the school doors I saw Flash talking with a circle of friends. "Hey, babe," Flash greeted and outstretched his arm when I stalked up to him. I returned his greeting with a slap across the face, leaving a bright red mark on his cheek.

"Who," I demanded, crossing my arms as Flash brought a hand to his cheek.

"Umm....ouch! What was that for? And who what?"

"Who are you cheating on me with," I asked plainly, a gasp emerging from the group behind us.

"I..." Flash chuckled. "I'm not cheating on you, babe. What made you think that?"