The break up - Peter Parker

Disclaimer: All Marvel references and characters belong to Marvel. Also, I know some of the characters don't live in the compound or are not in the current timeline, but for now, let's just pretend

Word count: 2944

MJ is your best friend

Summary: Peter Parker breaks up with you out of the blue

"Hey! Look who's out of bed," Bruce cheered. All the avengers in the kitchen turned towards you. "How you feeling kiddo?" Steve asked. "Up for a game of-''

"I just wanted a snack," you mumbled, gesturing to the pop tart that was now in your hand. You slammed the pantry door and went back to your room.

You set your pop tart on your night table and put on a sweatshirt. This was the first time you'd gotten out of bed in over a week.

+++++++++++

-flashback-

3:10pm. You'd been waiting for 10 minutes. The two of you always met at your lockers after school, but Peter still hadn't shown up. He didn't walk you to class, ignored you in all the classes you shared, disappeared at lunch, and now he'd ditched you. Why was Peter avoiding you? Your face fell into a long frown as your phone chimed.

*ding!*

Peter <3: Hey y/n. Can you meet me at our spot in five minutes? I need to talk to you.

y/n: Yeah! I'll be there ASAP

The corners of your mouth instantly turned upwards. Peter wasn't avoiding you! You gathered your books and walked to the playground by Midtown High. You saw Peter sitting by the fountain with his back to you.

"Hey!" You cheered, wrapping your arms around his shoulders. "I thought you were avoiding me." You gave him a squeeze and buried your head in his shoulder.

"I was," Peter said, pushing you off and standing up. His voice was cold and bitter. "What? Why?" Your smile quickly dropped into a deep frown.

"I'm breaking up with you."

"What?" Your breath hitched in your throat. "I...... I don't understand."

"I don't want to be with you anymore, y/n." His words were like daggers.

"Why? I thought.......we've been together for 3 years! I thought things were going well."

"You thought wrong, y/n. We're over." Peter began to walk away, but you grabbed his hand to stop him.

"We've been together for three years! You've been my best friend for six. Do you really want to throw that away, Peter? I don't understand what went wrong." The desperation in your voice was clear. You didn't understand why Peter wanted to end things. Last week was your three-year anniversary and your relationship had never been better. Why was he doing this?

Peter turned around, ripping his hand out of yours. "You don't get it! I don't want to be with you anymore y/n! Just leave me alone!"

"But.....I...I love you," You whispered.

"I don't love you!" Peter screamed. " I don't now and I never did! I don't want to see you anymore! Leave me alone!"

Your heart dropped into your stomach. This isn't......no. He couldn't have meant that. Could he?

Searching his eyes for any sign of sadness or regret, all you saw was anger and annoyance.

"Ok."

Peter stormed away and you sunk into the ground, the cold pavement sending a chill up your spine.

You pulled your phone out of your pocket to make a call. "MJ? I'm at the park, can you please come pick me up?" Your voice wavered as you spoke.