Betty (Pt. 2) - Peter Parker

"Yn, what are you doing here? You don't even have lunch detention," Mr. Harrington asked, peering over his copy of Othello.

"Yeah, but she does," I answered, sliding into the desk next to MJ. "So here I am."

MJ smiled when I sat down and then went back to drawing a frazzled Mr. Harrington. MJ came to detention on a regular basis to sketch people in crisis and Mr. Harrington seemed to always have one crisis or another going on.

"She doesn't deserve to be in here," I said, tossing MJ a bag of sour cream and onion ruffles.

"Really?" Mr. Harrington paused the Captain America detention video and opened the tan file folder on his desk. "She chased Mr. Parker around the baseball field, up the bleachers, threw her helmet on him, and when she was finally stopped, she broke free of your grasp and tackled Mr. Parker to the ground!"

"So?" We asked at the same time, shrugging our shoulders.

"So?!" Mr. Harrington looked like he was going to have a stroke. "FIVE students had to pry her off and carry her away!"

"Yeah, but only because Peter cheated on Yn!"

"WHAT?" Mr. Harrington choked on air and looked between us.

"Peter cheated on me and MJ was just being a good friend and defending me," I explained. "And if anything, it's Mr. Vike's fault! He knew about the situation and still decided to put a metal bat in her hands. That's just poking the bear if you ask me," I stated, crossing my arms and leaning back in my chair.

"Wow." Mr. Harrington leaned back in his seat, his head hitting the stone wall behind him. "Very well then. Michelle, you may go."

MJ looked at Mr. Harrington and raised her eyebrows. "Really? You just delivered a whole case as to why I deserve to be here."

"You were just being a good friend," Mr. Harrington exclaimed, slamming the file back on his desk for dramatic emphasis. "If anything, Mr. Parker should be in detention. I'm really sorry to hear that, Y/n," he said sympathetically. "I'm going to buy pizza for today's decathlon meeting and make Peter hand it out - and then not give him any."

"Thanks, Mr. H," I laughed sadly, sliding out of the desk.

"Enjoy your lunch girls," he said as we walked out of the room.
————————
"Hey hey, Yn."

"What do you want Flash," I asked, dropping my fry onto my tray.

"You and I would make a really good couple," Flash said, slinging onto the bench across the table. MJ shot me a 'what the heck is he talking about'  look and I shrugged my shoulders, sending back one that said 'I dunno. I wanna see where he's going with this though.'

"Just think about it. I'm good-looking, your hot. We're both smart. You're basically the "it girl" of our grade, I'm the quarterback."

"Of the JV team," MJ interjected, making me snicker.

"My point is," Flash continued, glaring at MJ. "We'd be the power couple of our grade, maybe in the whole school. We could go on a date tomorrow night and the whole thing would be official."

"As intriguing as that proposal is," I said sarcastically, waving my french fry in the air. "Do you wanna go out with me because you actually like me? Or because do you wanna go out with me because I'm Peter's ex and you know us dating would piss him off?"