Chapter 9

Disclaimer: I am not a family lawyer or a law professional. The information/advice given in this book is not fact and is altered to fit the FICTIONAL scenario of the storyline.

-▪︎¤■¤▪︎-

EZRA ▪︎ POV

I don't know why it was so endearing to me that Jae was such a bad sleeper, but I found myself smiling as I lifted my head and found the man lying horizontally across the bed, splayed out like a starfish. His legs were in my lap, his head hanging off the other side of the mattress and his chest rose and fell with each deep breath he took.

The duvet had fallen to the floor sometime in the middle of the night and at that point, Jae had been dead weight on top of me so I couldn't escape to pick it up. His body heat was enough to keep me warm however and it felt amazing to just hold him against me while we slept.

It was now around six in the morning and I had to go into work early today before I met up with the lawyer Evan had found in the afternoon. But first, I needed to stop at home and get changed. As much as it pained me physically and mentally to get out of bed without Jae, I had to face reality and start my day.

Last night had been amazing and I was able to escape my demons for once and just enjoy Jae's attention. He took care of me, he made me feel amazing. His touch, his presence, his words, everything. In those moments with him inside me, everything was somehow going to be okay.

The more time I spent with him, the more I wanted to fight. Not just for Ollie, but for a future with Jae too. A future where I could openly brag about being with him, hold his hand and kiss him in public, and just be around him with Ollie all the time. That's what I wanted with him. But I couldn't have it just yet.

Today was a new start on the right road to that future - a start I couldn't be late for. I wiped my eyes, trying to blink away the sleepiness that still fogged my senses. Then I slowly sat up. I took the time to admire Jae's sweet body. He only wore boxers, his morning wood perked up, loud and proud between his legs.

His firm, lean, yet muscled body was laid out deliciously and the tattoos on his chest enticed me to crawl over and lick them until he woke up. His dark hair covered his eyes and his full lips were parted slightly as he breathed.

I ran my fingers over the soft peach fuzz on his legs before gripping his calves and slowly moving them out of my lap. Then I stood and walked around the bed so that I could reposition him properly. If he didn't have a sore neck by now, I'd be very surprised.

I carefully pushed my arms under him and lifted, pulling him back on the bed. Just as I lay him down, Jae grunted and wrapped his arms around my neck. "You're leaving? Without saying good bye? There's a special place in hell for Ezra's who sneak out without giving Jae his goodbye kisses."

I laughed at the hoarse mumble to his voice. The man hadn't even bothered to open his eyes, yet he clung to me like he didn't want to let me go. His weight lowered me to the bed with him and I found myself lying on top of him, our morning erections pressed together. We both moaned and I felt blood rush south. God, this man was torturing me.

"I didn't want to wake you baby, it's still early," I told him, pressing a kiss to his cheek. Jae licked his lips, finally opening his eyes. His warm, dark brown pupils fixed on me and he smiled cheekily.

"Tell me your butt hurts."

"What?" I asked in confusion, titling my head at the random request.

He simply grabbed my ass and I hissed out a breath as he kneaded my cheeks and spread them. A sharp pain radiated up my spine from my hole and I groaned, burying my face against his neck. Jae giggled evily. "I did you good, Ezzy."