Chapter 27

A/N: Chapter contains sex.

EZRA ▪︎ POV

Jae had stuffed his face full of a little bit of everything I had ordered from his favourite restaurant. The food was admittedly delicious and after the long day I'd had, hot noodles and fried dumplings settled nicely in my stomach. While I'd stopped at a healthy meal, Jae had gone ahead and eaten until he sprawled over my lap, groaning and rubbing his stomach.

We sat on the couch in his living room, the remaing orange and pink lights of the sunset slowly disappearing outside the windows. The curtains in front of the open balcony door fluttered with the breeze.

I placed my hand beside Jae's, stroking his tight abdominal muscles. "Feel better?" I chuckled. He simply groaned. I began tidying up while he lounged, packing away the excess food and stacking the containers into the fridge. Once that was taken care of, I re-entered the living room, sitting beside Jae. He sat up, snuggling into my side.

I held him close, glad that he was feeling better and had forgiven me for earlier. My intentions hadn't been to leave him out of an important day. I'd just been so worried about him that letting him sleep seemed like the best sacrifice at the time. Jae was like superman and I have no doubt he would've powered through the day for me. But I had just needed to be reassured that he was also taking care of himself.

From working night shifts at the club, to being a new parental figure for Ollie and juggling my emotions and drama on top of all of it, Jae was dealing with a lot. He was such a fucking angel - one I admittedly didn't deserve - that he hadn't complained once. He was my light. Always my light. But he needed love and rest too. I was more than okay taking care of Ollie and my divorce alone for one day if that meant he got the sleep and time to himself he needed.

"After this, sweetheart, we need a vacation," I suddenly spoke as the thought popped into my mind. Now that I'd said it out loud, the prospect of escaping to anywhere else in the world with just myself my lover and my baby, was so appealing. A detox, a recovery, just all the time we needed to get back on our journey ahead. The perfect start to a new change.

"Mhmm," Jae groaned, his eyes still closed. "We should do a trip to Jeju Island. It's like Korea's Hawaii. Then, we can visit mom and dad and have them babysit while we get smashed on the beach and have sex in hotel jacuzzis." He practically moaned with delight, sinking into me. "Best vacation ever."

I tucked the location away in the back of my mind, promising that after tomorrow, I would do my research and we would pack up and go. It sounded amazing and if it meant Jae could spend some time with his parents, I was all the more for it. That was another burden weighing him down, even if he never said it out loud. He missed them dearly.

"I'm sorry," he suddenly mumbled and I peered down at him, brushing his dark hair off his forehead, revealing those deep, heavy lidded eyes. "The last thing you want to see on a vacation are your partner's parents," he chuckled nervously and I immeadiatly shook my head, cupping his face.

"Nothing wrong with seeing family on a holiday. It's part of the fun if you want it to be. Your parents are nice, and you have a good relationship with them which is the main thing. I see no problem at all." I placed a gentle peck on his nose and he beamed, puckering his lips for a kiss. I leant in and gave him one.

"You're perfectly sweet you know that? Like sweet and salty popcorn, except replace the salty with sexy. Sweet and sexy, mhmm, I love it on my man," he grinned and I gave him an exasperated look that didn't match the warmth in my chest and the flutter in my stomach. Jae shrugged a shoulder. "It's the truth. Comparing you to food is always the easiest because I love food and I love you."