Chapter 2

JAE ▪︎ POV

I never thought I'd see him again, never thought I'd see his dark brown hair, those dark green eyes that held so much anger, those pink lips pulled in an unamused line. This was supposed to be a 'never see you again fling'.

Why, out of all the clubs he could choose from, why this one?

My eyes took him in under the lights. So tall, so put together, so... inticing. I followed him with my gaze as he entered the club. But my stomach quickly soured when I caught sight of the woman hanging off his arm.

She was much shorter than him, her body small, yet curvy and in shape. A red dress hung off her frame, displaying her full breasts, the high slit displaying her creamy thighs. Wow.

Now, I was gay, but I could appreciate beauty in woman when I saw it and there was no doubt the lady was gorgeous. So, this was Ezra's wife. The guess I made was based on the way she draped herself over his muscular arm, staking claim. As she should. Ezra was a magnificent man and would no doubt attract a lot of competitive attention.

But did she know that he'd already strayed away from her? Cheated? With me?

The thought made me quickly snap back into reality. The man I'd had sex with last night, who'd fucked me up against my bathroom tiles this morning, was now in the club I worked at with his wife.

Fuck.

My palms got sweaty - guilty conscious rearing its head. I told myself I didn't care this morning, but now that I'd actually seen the gorgeous blonde, I realised that this was all types of fucked up.

Note to self - check for rings before bringing men home Jae. You fucking idiot.

The pair, I noticed, were followed by two other couples sporting the same aesthetic. Tall, handsome men, shorter, beautiful woman. The group just screamed wealth and they were almost out of place, even though this club was quite high end. These people looked as though they belonged in ballrooms.

They sat at a table away from the dance floor and I lost sight of Ezra. That seemed to snap me out of my snooping and I shook my head, walking over to the bar.

My shift had started three hours ago. It was now ten at night and the club was filling up nicely. It was busy, and although the flood of party goers kept me running up and down on my toes, good business got me paid so I wasn't complaining.

"Jae, help behind the bar please!"

I nodded towards my shift manager Jo and rushed to help Casey and Jeremiah behind the bar. My two fellow employees, yet good friends, were sending out drinks rapid fire, all the while winking and entertaining customers.

I first started working here when I turned eighteen after I finished high school and decided not to attend college, much to my parent's dismay. I knew I'd let them down by making the decision. They made a lot of sacrifices so that I could study in the US and to them, I'd thrown all their efforts back in their face.

But I realised that chasing after a career I had no passion for, no interest in, for my parents, just wasn't how my life was going to go. Because after all this was my life. I was the one living it.

I was going to be the one miserable at college or fucking depressed in any profession I ended up in - if I ever did achieve it, which is highly doubtful. My brain was simple and chill. I had no capacity to become a lawyer or a doctor or even an engineer - those respectable careers my parents once expected of me. Nope.

No, I just wanted a job that paid well enough for me to save up and travel or party or go sky diving. I had stability but I also had fun. I was happy. Or irresponsible as my parents put it. They loved me, but I knew most of my life choices had broken their hearts.