INTERMISSION

A/N: Hey guys! I have a surprise oneshot update instead of a usual chapter! I'm currently drowning in finals and won't be writing anything serious until I'm done so enjoy this silly little intermission before we return to the story! I hope you enjoy ❤️

Context: I had begun writing this last year, and finally came back to it. The oneshot fits in just before the court day when Ezra was looking for a new apartment for him and Ollie 👍🏾

~•~

EZRA • POV

Jae was always thinking up new ways to utterly blow my mind, whether that be with his unconditional love, with his unhinged humour, his sassy, uncensored words or with his charming demeanour.

But I really think this latest scheme of his topped the never-ending list.

I'd just spat out the mouthful of hot coffee I'd been about to swallow, spraying it all over my shirt and sending it splattering to the hard-wooden floor between my feet.

I choked violently, coughing and wheezing as I tried, and failed, to breathe through my laughter and the coffee filling my lungs. I couldn't even drown in peace, I was snorting so hard.

"Fuck!" The steaming liquid burned my nose and I wiped desperately at my face before bursting into uncontrollable laughter again.

Jae was totally unphased by my dying as he continued to strut into the living room, tugging Ollie along with him like they were a duo on a catwalk in front of thousands of spectators.

My baby boy was trying his best to copy Jae, hands on his swaying hips with sass I'd never known he possessed in that tiny little body.

"Strike a pose, Ollie," Jae ordered seriously as he bent over and gracefully stuck out his ass as he crossed his palms over his toned thighs.

He turned his face towards me, all bold confidence and smouldering, puckered mouth. The expression was more amusing than sexy. Jae's black hair was messily tied in a top knot on top of his head and his pink lips were pouting suggestively as he wiggled his eyebrows.

"What'cha think?"

Ollie raised his arms like a star fish and gave me a bright smile as he posed beside Jae, beaming happily. He was obviously extremely proud of himself and I really shouldn't have laughed for his sake, but I couldn't help it.

The pair of them were naked aside from their matching, neon pink briefs splattered with toxic-waste green dinosaurs and glitter disco balls. The underwear was an absolute monstrosity and I had no idea where Jae had found underwear like that, let alone from a manufacturer that catered the same design to two year olds and twenty five year olds.

"Got new undies daddy!" Ollie bounced on his toes as he pointed down at himself and then at Jae. "Pretty? Like it?"

Jae struck another pose and Ollie was quick to copy, wobbling on his little feet as they cocked their hips and raised their arms above their heads dramatically. It was less a modelling stance and more a kung-fu crane style now.

I bit my lip, nose still burning from the coffee. Tears welled up in my eyes as I tried not to laugh again. Instead I nodded and attempted to clear my throat enough to speak

"They're so... nice?" I managed to wheeze, not at all proud of the whimper that slipped through at the end as my laughter threatened to burst from me.

Jae finally grinned. "Be judgemental all you want, honey, but this is true potty training style. It all starts with a pair of insanely fashionable underwear. Isn't that right baby?"