Fred Weasley • Growing Pains (Part One)

"What do you want me to say, Delilah?!" Fred screamed. He took his hands and slung all the dishes off the table. Delilah jumped, tears instantly forming in her eyes at Fred's behavior. Whiskey flowing through both of their blood as the two yelled back and forth; they had a good relationship, but had felt tense lately as the shop grew busier and busier following the war. Fred felt guilty, but drunk, and his girlfriend had pushed him over the edge.

"I want you to say you love me! I want some attention! I am so proud of you and George for how well you're doing.. but you act like I don't even exist anymore unless you want sex!" Delilah screamed back, turning her back to Fred.

"Is that all you think I want? Sex?" Fred mumbled, still angry. Delilah shook her head, her tears finally spilling over. She felt sorry for George who was attempting to sleep in his bedroom; but, recently, the fighting between her and Fred had become a weekly occurrence. She thought a nice dinner with some fire whiskey would loosen them up enough to talk civilly, but she forgot how Fred got when he drank whiskey. He'd never hit her, and never would, but he was always angry when he drank - angry with everything.

"Do you even love me anymore, Fred?" Delilah whispered after sometime. Fred fell silent, sobering up a bit. He felt so guilty that he'd even made Delilah feel that way. "I feel like all we do is fight." She whispered.

"D, I-" he began, but Delilah shook her head furiously. She was done.

"I'm done with your excuses. As busy as George is, he makes time for Angelina. You just don't want to make time for me. I've seen the way you look at those girls who come in your shop - you're a flirt and always have been. You'll never be in a stable relationship, drooling like that."

"Delilah-"

"Save it Fred. I think we should take a break. When you decide to grow up, call me. Until then, don't bother." She went off to their room and began packing her clothes. Fred stormed out of the flat, not wanting to face Delilah.

Delilah woke up and vomited directly in the floor. She and Fred had been broke up for 6 weeks. 6 weeks she hadn't spoke to him. She had kept in touch with Angelina and George, who snuck over to her flat sometimes for the occasional drink. Delilah knew Fred would be furious if he found out.

"Is he bringing any girls home?" Delilah whispered to Angelina after George went to the kitchen. She loved George, he was her friend, but she didn't trust him as much as she did Angelina. Fred, after all, was his twin and Delilah wasn't completely confident that George didn't tell him the conversation. Angelina looked over her shoulder to make sure George was still out of ear shot and nodded slowly.

"Typical." Delilah said, rolling her eyes. Fred was handsome and very good at flirting. She should've known he'd have another girl in his bed before her spot grew cold.

She groaned and laid back in bed. She didn't drink the night prior, so she didn't know what was going on. Working at the leaky cauldron, it was untelling what was packed in on her. She didn't work when she lived with Fred and George, only piddling around in the shop. The Leaky Cauldron was the only place hiring when she left Fred.

Ignoring the nagging nausea in her stomach, she got up and got dressed for work. Jeans and a black t shirt for today. She threw her hair into a high bun, sticking her wand through it and pulling out the small pieces of hair that usually framed her face.

"Morning." The drunk regulars said to the young bartender as she entered the pub. She smiled. They were filthy and rowdy, but good men. She'd grew fond of them since working at the pub. She poured them all their usual drink before attempting to clean the counter. A waft of the usual Leaky Cauldron smell hit her nose and she couldn't help it, she turned directly around and wretched into the bin behind her.

A man with a long beard peered over the counter. "Long night?"

Delilah shook her head and raised up. "No, I must've caught some bug. Probably from the likes of you all." She teased, "Merlin, wash your hands." The men and Delilah shared a laugh as they all examined their disgusting hands.

Later that night, Angelina had came over for tea. She came alone. "Twins are busy at the shop." She explained, taking off her coat and entering the flat. Delilah and her sat on the couch, each covered up with their own fuzzy blanket and sipped piping hot tea. It was nice to have just a girl's night, for once. Delilah's head had been woozy all day, she was exhausted and still nauseous.

"You okay?" Angelina asked, noticing her friend was physically uncomfortable.

"Yeah." Delilah shifted in her spot, "just sick. I don't know what's wrong with me."

"What kind of symptoms are you having?" Angelina inquired, sipping her tea.

"Nauseous. Dizzy. Weak. For some reason, my whole body is sore. Specifically my boob-" Delilah hadn't put two and two together until she voiced her symptoms out loud. "Merlin."

Angelina realized what Delilah was saying as soon as Delilah did. Both girls mouths fell open as they stared at each other. "No." Angelina gasped, trying to hide a smile. "You don't think?"

Delilah ran to the kitchen and grabbed a calendar, furiously counting and doing the math on her fingers. When it all added up, she puked again. This time out of pure nerves.

"You need to go to the healer." Angelina suggested. "And, you need to tell Fred."

Delilah's heart broke. All she'd ever wanted was to spend her life with Fred and raise a family; they'd talked about children countless of times, but as the problems in their relationship risen the future was put on the back burner. Delilah had been fighting hard for months to fix what they had, until she couldn't take it no more. Deep down, she knew Fred loved her and wanted a family with her... but it had been six weeks. Six weeks with no contact, six weeks of random girls in the spot she used to sleep. Did he even care anymore?