Blame • George Weasley • Part Five

George and Charlie worked hard on their relationship. Molly was right, what they had was something not many got to experience.. the love they shared was unbreakable, they'd realized that the night at the Burrow. Fred wasn't coming back, but they both knew in their hearts he wouldn't want them apart. Fred would want them to live their lives in his memory, happy and in love.

Charlie laid on George's chest in their dark bedroom, they reminisced about Fred often, telling happy and funny stories. It was therapy for them and away to keep his memory alive. Charlie and George had been doing fantastic, more in love than ever. She bit her lip and looked up at George. "You know what the last thing Fred said to me was?" She whispered

George's head cocked to the side - he hadn't heard this story before, even during the funeral it was a detail Charlie left out. She hadn't felt an appropriate time to tell the fond memory she had of Fred. "He told me," she changed her voice to mimick Fred's, "I hope one day I don't have to call you Peterson, anymore."

George knew immediately where this was going. They'd already talked about George asking Charlie to marry him, he'd planned to do it right after the war. Fred had helped pick out the ring. With the tensions and grief raging, he'd never asked. He still had the ring hid in his underwear drawer. Charlie continued, "he said one day, he hoped to call me Weasley."

George's heart began to race. This was his sign, a sign from Fred. He stood up quickly and began to rustle through the drawer. "George?" Charlie said, worried. Maybe she should've kept the story to herself. She began to panic.

"Come here." George said softly. "Stand up." Charlie quickly got out of the bed, confused as to what was going on. George grabbed her by the hips, the ring heavy in his pajama pants pocket. George planted a sloppy, wet kiss on her lips. Charlie smiled and went back for another, which this time was just a peck.

"He called you Weasley behind your back." George chuckled, "I told him it was weird, it would freak you out. He started calling you that not long after we started dating." He continued to laugh, "he knew we'd get married one day. He said we were made for each other, but always joked he truly only wanted us to get married so he'd have you as a sister." They shared a laugh.

George, hands still on Charlie's hips, dropped to one knee. "Charlotte Peterson, would you do me the honor of being my wife?" He pulled out a simple, Ruby ring and presented it to Charlie. Charlie sobbed, for the first time in a year, happy tears.

"Of course I will."

George stood up and swung Charlie around, beaming with happiness. "Guess we can call you Weasley now, eh?"