Big Fat Positive (Remus Lupin - Trio Era) {requested}

Requested prompts:

7. "I'm pregnant."
15. "Do you hate me?"
20. "I love you."

Grace stared out the window and at the full moon above. She didn't know where Remus went during a full moon, she only knew how to comfort him once it was all over. She stared at the positive muggle pregnancy test in her hands and ran her thumb over the small "pregnant +". She wished she'd found out any other night besides tonight; a night when her boyfriend was so vulnerable. How would he take the news?

Was lycanthropy hereditary?

Grace gasped and her hand clasped over her mouth. Their relationship was new; they hadn't even said I love you yet. She didn't know much about Remus' condition other than how to help him afterwards. How long had Remus had this problem? Does it start at birth? Grace tried to imagine baby Remus transforming into a small werewolf before his parents and the horror they must've felt.

Was that going to happen to her baby?

Later that night, after Remus returned they cuddled on the couch with a bag of chocolate and Grace stroked his brown hair. They had began their relationship shortly after Grace had joined the Order, along with her friends Charlie Weasley and Nymphadora Tonks. As if out of a movie, their eyes locked instantly. Grace went home with him that night. She couldn't lie, going home with a man on the first night was so out of character for her. Remus was shocked with hisself, as well. The two were drawn to each other.

Remus laid in her lap and looked up at her, her face was pale and adorned a worried expression. "What's wrong, love?" He whispered. Grace shot him a small smile and continued to stroke his hair.

"Nothing, dear." She said blankly. Remus didn't believe her.

"I know this stuff is hard to get used too..." he sighed, raising up. "It's not too late to run, you know that right?" He chuckled, half joking and half being serious. He loved Grace, but his curse was something that not many people were accustomed too... something he didn't want to push on her unless she wanted.

"I'm afraid it's too late for that." She joked. Not only was she pregnant, but she was absolutely infatuated with Remus Lupin and whether she was pregnant or not, there was no way she was leaving. She cupped his scarred cheek in her hand and rubbed it with her thumb, Remus pressing his face into her warm palm. "I love you, Remus." She said sincerely, not knowing how he'd respond.

Remus was taken back; he knew exactly how he'd been feeling towards Grace but he didn't know she felt the same. His thin lips turned upward into a wide smile. "I love you too, Gracie." He smiled, his words like honey. Grace closed her eyes and sighed, wanting to appreciate the moment.

"We're having dinner with The Weasley's tomorrow." Remus said, as if today was any other normal day. He stood up and took some dirty dishes to sink.

"Oh, lovely." Graced smiled, an immense craving for Molly's chicken making her mouth water which reminded her of the baby growing in her belly.

"Charlie and Tonks will be there. I'm sure you'll be happy to see them!" He continued as he washed the dishes, giddy with the fact Grace had confessed her love to him. Grace decided now was not the night.

"Why do you still call her Tonks if she's a Weasley?" Grace joked, leaning against the counter. Charlie and Tonks had just gotten married a few months ago, Grace proudly stood as the maid of honor. She had orchestrated the relationship their last year at Hogwarts.

"Well," Remus said, swinging a dish towel over his shoulder. "I'm definitely not going to call her Nymphadora." The two chuckled and continued cleaning up the kitchen.

Grace retired early that night; the pregnancy already taking a toll on her. She was not as energetic as usual and was a little nauseous, so she decided an early bedtime would be best. She would tell Remus in the morning.

Remus waited up later than her, reading over the rubbish in the daily prophet and drinking a cup of tea. He stood up and stretched, walking over to the garbage can to throw the old newspaper and the tea bag away. He just so happened to glance down into the garbage can and find an unusual object. Having muggle family, he knew exactly what it was. He jerked the stick out of the garbage and flipped it over, a big fat "positive" staring up at him.

Remus' ears began to ring. The last thing he wanted was to bring children into this world. No child deserved to have a werewolf as a father. He didn't know if lycanthropy was hereditary, but didn't want to take the chance.
How could he be so careless? Grace was a young woman with a bright future and now, she was tied down to Remus and his curse.. for good.

Thoughts began running rampant in Remus' head. In most cases he'd found, there was no hereditary evidence but still... what if this child was the one in a million?

But, what if it wasn't?

Remus laid the test on the counter and peered into his bedroom. Grace lay peacefully, already asleep and tangled up in red sheets. A slender hand rested on her stomach, already motherly. "I... I can't do this." He ran his fingers through his shaggy hair and left.

Remus didn't know where he would go, he just needed someone to turn to. Someone to tell him how to be a father, how to be someone the baby and Grace deserved. He thought about running, thinking they'd be better off without him. After walking for several moments, he knew who he needed to turn too: Arthur Weasley.

"It's too quiet in here..." Molly said suspiciously. The house was full of teenagers, including the twins, and there were no thumping or yelling coming from upstairs. She was busying herself with preparations for dinner tomorrow and hadn't noticed the eery silence until just now.

"Long as we don't get a letter from the Ministry, I don't care what they're doing." Arthur joked. Molly playfully swatted her husbands arm just as Remus Lupin appeared before them.

"Remus? Is something wrong?" Molly gasped, ushering Remus over to the table.

"Grace is pregnant. I need help."

Grace woke up the next morning to Remus' half of the bed still made. "Oh, no." She gasped and jumped out of bed. She ran into the kitchen and seen the positive pregnancy test laying on the counter. Thankfully, the bin was before her and she wretched into it. She immediately began crying. He'd left. He hated her. She knew he'd voiced his reasons for not wanting children before, now here she was pregnant with his child. She had a glimmer of hope that maybe, if she could talk with him that it would all be okay... but his absence in the house answered that.

She flopped down onto the couch and cried. She sobbed, hard. What was she going to do? How was she going to raise a baby, by herself, in the middle of a war?

"Gracie?"

Her head shot up and seen Remus in front of her. She sobbed harder. She knew he was probably there to ask her to leave, it was his house after all. Remus dropped the bags he had in his hands and ran over to Grace. "Do you hate me?" She cried.

"What?" Remus said grabbing her shoulders. "Why would I hate you?"

"I'm pregnant." She cried harder. Remus' face fell. He should've reacted better, but he was scared. After a long talk with Arthur and Molly, he was ready. Ready to be a father. He reached behind him and grabbed the bags he'd brought in, pulling out a small yellow onesie.

"I love you.. even more now than I did before." He laid the onesie on her lap and she sniffled, caressing the soft fabric; relieved. "I was scared... but I want to be a good father. I want to be there for you and this baby." He stroked her cheek in the manner she did his the night before. Grace grabbed his neck and hugged him tightly, knowing then that no matter what happened... it was all going to be a alright.