Friends With Benefits • Fred Weasley • Part Two

Fred and Briar agreed to keep their relationship a secret and to remain friends, friends with benefits. They kept their... relations... secret from everybody, even George.
Though, George already knew Fred was sneaking out to meet a girl, he just didn't know it was Briar.

The Room of Requirement was their spot. Briar laid on his chest for just a moment before standing up and collecting her clothes, which warranted a smack on her bare bum from Fred. He pulled her back to him. "Don't go." He whined.

"Fred, we agreed. Sex only. No feelings. No cuddles." Briar said sternly, but deep down she wanted to fall back into Fred's arms. She was falling in love with him, hard. But, they'd made an agreement.

"Bry... I.." Fred sighed, running his big hand through his red hair, then he shook his head. "You're right. It's just hard."

"Trust me, I know." Briar mumbled, stepping into her skirt. "Zip me up." She said more loudly, turning around for Fred to zip her skirt. He stood up and zipped up the back of the plaid Gryffindor skirt, his hands snaking their away around her hips.

"What do you mean?" He asked. He wasn't deaf. He'd heard what she said.

"Nothing." She said, leaning her head back onto his chest and appreciating the feeling of his arms around her. Fred spun her around so they were facing each other, turning her head up to meet his eyes with her his hand. "Fred.." she tried to pull away, but Fred held tighter.

"We're leaving, love." Fred whispered, resting his chin on her head. Briar's eyes immediately filled with tears. She'd been the one that was so insistent on only being friends with benefits, she thought it would be easy to let go that way; but, it wasn't. Her heart was broken.

"Freddie, you can't leave me." She cried. Fred didn't expect this reaction; he assumed she'd be upset but he didn't think she'd cry, he didn't think she'd care that he was leaving. He was in love with Briar, but they'd drew the line on their relationship before its start... he couldn't tell her.

"Don't cry." He said sadly, wiping a tear from her cheek. "Please don't cry, Briar. I can't do this." He sniffled and looked away, trying to fight tears himself. Briar broke loose from his arms and backed away, shaking her head.

"We should've never done this, Fred. This was all a mistake." Briar cried.

"A mistake?" Fred growled, his back turned to Briar. "These have been the best months of my life." He was getting angry. He loved Briar, but the fact that she'd called all the time they'd spent together a mistake angered him. "I gotta go." He growled, throwing his pants on and barging out of the door.

Briar stood, sobbing alone in the Room of Requirement. What had she gotten herself into? This is why they had fought the desire to be together as long as they had - the possible complications that would come from it. In hindsight, Briar realized that being friends with benefits wasn't any better. They still got hurt.

The hardest part about the fight was she couldn't confide in Harry, as she did everything else. The second hardest part was she had to see him in passing by at home when the twins came for a visit and the fact that they still were working together to protect Harry. Molly had noticed a new tension between the two and the unusual distance they made between each other, opposite to what they'd done the summer before.

"No, absolutely not." Harry boomed as Moody explained the plan. Briar stood behind her brother and squinted her eyes, knowing what was about to happen. Though both of them had escaped Voldemort, Harry was the chosen one. Their dad had hid Briar in cupboard before he was killed; Harry was the one who stood Voldemort face to face.

"I told you he wouldn't take it well." Hermione grumbled.

"Harry," Briar touched her brother's shoulder. They were turning of age and had to leave. "We want to do this."

"No one is taking this potion, especially you Briar." He said through gritted teeth.

"Briar, you'll be a protector. It's Harry who they're after, I believe it's best if you stay in your own form." Moody explained, "it'll definitely throw them off to see the Potter twins riding together, whether you're with the real Harry or not."

"That puts whoever she protects in even more danger!" Harry protested.

"None more so than anyone else. Besides, everyone here is of age and have agreed." Moody shifted. "Granger, as discussed."

Hermione yanked a hair from Harry's head and handed it to Moody. "Blimey, Hermione." Harry groaned.

Hagrid was instructed to protect Harry, which was fitting as he had brought the twins here 16 years ago. Bill was protecting Fleur, Tonks was with Ron, Hermione with Kingsley. George was paired with Remus, Charlie with Arthur, Mundungus with Moody and finally, Briar with Fred.

Fred and Briar locked eyes. No one in the room knew they were — or used to be — a thing. The fact that they were paired together was by pure chance. The two hadn't spoke no more than a word to each other since the argument, but they weren't here to fight. They were here to get Harry to the Burrow safely.

A/n: I know originally there was only seven potters and seven protectors, but I had to change it to eight to fit this story line so... as I usually do lol, I threw Charlie in there so there would be an even number of protectors/potters.