Wasted • Sirius Black

Celesta Reynolds bounced down the stairs to the common room. Lily had invited her to stay up with her, her boyfriend James, and the rest of his rowdy friends. Celesta obliged, feeling like she needed a night of stress relief. Lily was usually a top notch student, but as she said: "everyone has to have a little fun every once in a while".

"Wow. Look who came to join us, miss goody two shoes." James teased as she joined the group. Lily gently smacked his arm as Celesta took a seat next to Remus. James poured her a drink and passed it to her, she nodded, knocking it back quickly.

"Whoa, who knew you even had a taste for alcohol?" Lily giggled to her friend who shrugged.

"It's been a long week." Celesta shrugged, settling back onto the couch. She usually wasn't one for her partying, but she had just broken up with her boyfriend, she was overloaded with school work and wanted to relax. Celesta caught Sirius Black, the Gryffindor womanizer, staring at her out of the corner of her eye. Her breath caught when she noticed him. She had always thought Sirius was attractive... but who didn't? She knew to stay far away from the handsome boy. He had been around far too many times and broke too many hearts.

Cigarette smoke bellowed off his lips. "Let's make this interesting. Truth or dare." He smiled slyly, sitting his drink down. The group agreed, ready for some fun.

As the night went on, the group for more and more rowdy. James had Lily's bra on his head, Peter had lit a funny smelling cigarette and was passing it around the group. Celesta was on her fourth drink and third hit of the shared cigarette, Sirius had taught her how to blow circles with her smoke. She giggled profusely as she passed it to Remus.

"Alright, Reynolds. Your turn." Lily said, an odd fire in her eye that Celesta had never seen before. "I dare you to kiss Sirius." Remus made a loud popping sound with his mouth at Celesta's dare, eyeing the rest of the boys as if they knew something the girls didn't. Celesta Reynolds was the only person to make Sirius weak and she didn't even know it, but the boys did. Celesta could've sworn she seen Sirius Black blush.

Celesta nodded, standing up and stumbling over to Sirius. Her foot caught on the table in front of him, sending her spiraling into his lap. He caught her with a grunt. She picked his tie up and jerked him close to herself, kissing his lips passionately. She jerked back and wiped her mouth, wiggling her eyebrows very embarrassingly at Sirius, warranting a laugh from the group. 

Sirius watched her carefully as she stumbled back over to her seat, Peter watching her as well. Sirius became instantly protective; he knew how Peter got when he was drunk. He'd hit on Lily countless of times and James had gave him a nice shiner in the past for it. The difference was, Celesta was free game. She was single.

Sirius had always knew there was something special about that girl and that she was going places in life. He'd always been quite attracted to her but always held her to a higher standard than himself, knowing he never had a chance. The Marauders knew that too. He filled his lonely nights, sneaking random girls into his dorm with James' cloak.

His heart quietly sunk as he seen how wasted Celesta was. This wasn't her normal behavior. She was too good. Too good to be hammered and high, kissing Sirius without contest. She wasn't the kind of girl who just done that with anyone and Sirius knew it was due to the fact she was under the influence. For the rest of the night, Sirius made it his mission to protect Celesta from anything else that she'd be embarrassed about in the morning.

They'd both had equal amounts of drinks but Sirius was still partly sober; he could handle his liquor well. Celesta, on the other hand, was gone.

James and Remus noticed that Sirius was staring a whole through Peter and Celesta, who were standing by the window, blowing smoke in circles towards the cracked window. Remus nudged James as if for him to say something. They both knew how Sirius got when he drank whiskey and one wrong move from Peter would cause him to blow up.

"Sirius?"
"Yes, James?" Sirius said calmly, cigarette burning in his fingers, but not taking his eyes off Celesta and Peter.
"You alright?"
"Mhm."

Peter was alright. But, when he drank he lost all respect for women, even more so when he got high. Here he was, standing next to one of the most beautiful girls at Hogwarts, both high, both drunk. Sirius didn't take his piercing eyes from them, knowing that Celesta probably felt sorry for the young boy and was trying to friendly, not to mention she was inebriated.

Then, it happened. Exactly what Sirius was expecting. Peter was pointing out the window at the night sky with one hand, trying to show Celesta a constellation and his other hand travelled lower, and lower, and lower, until finally it have a firm grab on her bottom. Celesta jumped away, violation in her eyes.

"That's it." Sirius growled, jumping up and slinging his cigarette into the fire. He grabbed Peter by the shirt collar and slammed him against the wall.

"Touch her again, worm tail. I dare you." Sirius hissed, Remus slowly separated the two. Lily comforted Celesta, who was a shaking mess in the corner. "Are you alright?" Sirius asked so gently, Celesta couldn't believe the words came out of his mouth.

"Yeah." Celesta nodded, swallowing hard. Her high fading as her buzz was killed. "I'm okay."

The rest of the group went to bed, but Sirius stayed up all night. He didn't care about women, he seen them as toys. But, Celesta... she as different. She made him feel a certain way that no girl ever had before.

Sirius was still awake, smoking by the fire when Celesta woke up that morning. Sirius' breath caught as he seen her in her pajamas, hair a mess. "Goodmorning." She groaned, rubbing her head. She flopped down on the couch next to him and Sirius chuckled.

"Thanks for last night." She smiled sheepishly.
"I'm surprised you remember." Sirius joked. Celesta sat quietly for a second, chewing over her next words.

"Why did you do it?" She whispered.

"Because, Peter shouldn't touch a woman without her consent." Sirius shrugged, snuffing his cigarette.

"Since when do you care about women?" She giggled, but darkness covered Sirius' face. "Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." She placed a soft hand on Sirius' shoulder. He decided it was now or never; he had to make his shot, even if he got shut down. Sirius, without saying a word, gently placed a hand on Celesta's cheek.

"Is this okay?" He asked respectively. Celesta nodded, her heart beating away. Sirius leaned in slowly and kissed her lips so softly, as if she would break. "You're different, Celesta. You make me crazy." He chuckled.

Celesta, feeling brave, grabbed Sirius' hair and pushed his lips back to hers. "I wasn't disappointed with the dare Lily gave me." She smiled.

"Will you give me a chance?" Sirius asked, Celesta's eyebrows raised. He knew she was thinking of all the girls Sirius had in his room. "If you do, it'll be you and only you."

"Promise?" She asked.

"Promise." He smiled, pulling him to her chest.