Sick Day • Harry Potter

1. "Come back to bed"

The early morning light shined dimly through the sheer curtains. Aurora shivered as a draft from the cold winter air flew in. She pulled the blankets up over her head and snuggled into them, still feeling the chill covering her body. She looked up at the clock, realizing it was almost time for her shift to start at St. Mungos.

Aurora reluctantly pulled the blankets off and sat up, her bare feet touching the cold wooden floor. She gasped slightly, wishing she could stay in bed all day. Aurora was a hard worker, rarely calling in sick; she'd yet to miss a shift at St. Mungo's so far. As she stood up to pull on her healer uniform, she looked back at her sleeping husband behind her. He looked so peaceful. Aurora always appreciated these moments, as Harry's life up until recently was anything but peaceful.

The two had met at Hogwarts their first year; she was a Hufflepuff and he a Gryffindor. She was nothing more than an acquaintance to Hermione, one of Harry's best friends. The two grew closer over the years, Aurora helping the Trio in anyway possible. The pair thought of each other as just friends; that is, until the night of the Yule Ball. Harry had nervously asked her, honestly, as a last ditch date after being turned down by Cho. Aurora wasn't offended, she knew of Harry's crush on Cho.

As the two danced, Harry noticed how Rora, as he, Ron and Hermione had always called her, had changed over the years. Her frame was fuller, curvier. Her eyes were a fierce green, almost the same as his own. She was beautiful and he had never noticed it before. That night was all it took, the two beginning their relationship the next year.

Dating Harry Potter was terrifying; not for her own life, but for his. She was always terrified when they were separated, always scared that she would receive an owl that he'd been found, hurt. She feared when she was at home for the summer in London, that Hermione or Ron would show up in a puddle of tears at her door step. They never did. He made it. They defeated Voldemort, with Aurora at his side.

Hermione and Aurora returned to Hogwarts after the war. This put a strain on their relationship, but nonetheless, when she was finished and her job was secured at St. Mungos, Harry asked her to marry him. They didn't have to be scared anymore, they could look forward to their future and be happy.

Aurora slipped out of her pajamas and put on her uniform, attempting to do something with her hair. She listened to the sounds of the old house creeping as she crossed the floor to get her shoes. The young couple was inhabiting Grimmauld Place and Rora had done her best to make it a nice home.

"Where are you going?" Harry said sleepily, the room still dark. Aurora sighed, fearing she'd woke him.

"Did I wake you?" She asked sympathetically.

"Sort of." He laughed, "I'm a light sleeper. Come back to bed." He yawned, reaching an arm out to his wife.

"Love, I've got to go. I'll be late." Aurora groaned, wanting to collapse into Harry's arm and go back to bed.

"Call in sick." Harry said slyly, reaching out and grabbing Aurora's waist. He jerked her down so she was laying on top of him. He brushed her smooth brown hair out of her face, cupping her cheek in his hand.

"Harry..." she sighed, nuzzling into his chest. She felt the warmth of his bear chest on her face and sighed, deciding to take a sick day. "Okay." She smiled.

"Really?" He gasped, not thinking she'd actually do it.

"Yes. But go make me some tea. It's freezing." Aurora giggled as Harry squeezed her hard, kissing her forehead.

"Coming right up, Mrs. Potter." He smiled, standing up out of bed and making his way to the kitchen.