Friends With Benefits • Fred Weasley • Part One

Briar Potter was incredible. She'd been around a long time and was proudly part of the Weasley family. Fred had never thought of her anymore than Harry's sister and the other half to the second set of twins at the Burrow. More frequently, since they'd all moved to 12 Grimmauld Place and Harry and Briar were retrieved from the Dursley's, he noticed how when she bounced down the stairs in the morning for breakfast, she wasn't wearing a bra.

Neither one could deny the new tension between them when Fred slid behind her while she was standing in the way, his hand accidentally - or, maybe not - touching her waist while trying to get a tea cup. How, suddenly, the air felt heavier when the two sat next to each other at dinner, a good heavy. And, finally, how Fred's eyes had seemed to be magnetized to Briar's newfound figure during a midnight swim just last week, how, while underwater, she'd intentionally brushed against him, the rest of the family oblivious.

"Morning." He said oddly fast. Molly shot a confused glance at her son who's tea was sloshing in his shaking hand. He quickly sat the tea down.

"Morning, Freddie!" Briar smiled. It was early and her eyes were still heavy. She stretched to wake her bones and her t-shirt revealed the area just above her pajama pants, Fred looked away and swallowed hard. Was she doing this on purpose?

Molly watched the interaction and raised an eyebrow. She made a mental note to make sure she put a charm on the girls' room.

Upon returning to Hogwarts, the tension only got worse. Though they'd honestly tried to avoid each other, as if by some unspoken pact. They always seemed to end up in the same vicinity. Being Gryffindor, they always seemed to be gravitate towards the common room at the same time. Briar had been feeling the same tension Fred did and got a chuckle out of his face when she intentionally done things, such as the stretch back at 12 Grimmauld Place. Nevertheless, it was all in fun and a relationship would never occur between them, for many reasons - he was one of her best friend's brothers, she was one of his best friend's sisters and that friend happened to be in grave danger 90% of the time.

"You okay, mate?" George asked as he noticed Fred's mouth was parted slightly, watching Briar converse with Ginny and Hermione, her legs crossed one over the other coming out from a Gryffindor skirt.

"Yeah." Fred snapped back quickly, smiling. George and Lee raised an eyebrow.

Briar settled onto the couch and wrapped herself up in a blanket with a good book. This was her favorite time to come to the common room; she knew no one would be here. Sometimes, she just likes to be alone. Being a twin, there wasn't many times in her life that she was alone.

Fred laid in bed wide awake. Something had to be done. He couldn't sleep, he couldn't get Briar from his mind. He decided, in the morning, he'd have a talk with her.. they'd come to an understanding that this relationship couldn't happen. Harry would kill him. Fred grinned to himself. He loved Harry.. but did he really care if Harry got mad? Briar made him absolutely weak.

He stood up and clumsily walked down the stairs to the common room out of boredom, really. As he rounded the corner, he seen Briar.. the most beautiful sight he'd ever seen.

She had her long black hair tied in a messy knot on her head and a pink spaghetti strap tank top hung off her shoulder. Her glasses, which unlike Harry's were rectangular and only used for reading, hung off her nose as she furrowed her brow, deep in the story. Fred walked over and stood in front of her, taking his finger and pulling the strap back up onto her shoulder.

"You're going to have to stop, Fred." Briar sighed, finally acknowledging his presence.

"Me?!" Fred gasped. "You're not exactly innocent, Potter."

Briar rolled her eyes and folded her hands in her lap, knowing he was right but not wanting to admit it. "We can't do this, Freddie. It's just not right. Harry would die." She whispered. Fred sat on the couch next to her and nodded.

"He would..." Fred agreed. Briar shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "He is very good at escaping death, though." Fred joked. Briar giggled a little too loudly and covered her mouth, Fred smiling at her. Yes, she was attractive.. and yes, she made Fred's knees weak, but her personality was also incredible.

When Briar finished laughing, the two locked eyes. Briar's chest rose and fell heavily as she looked deep into Fred's eyes; months of ongoing tension built up into this very moment.

She was the first to lean in, their lips touching softly at first. They pulled away and she nodded, as if to signal to Fred it was okay. With that, he kissed her back more hungrily. The two stood up, Briar standing on her tip toes to reach Fred's lips. She took a leap and Fred caught her as she swung her legs around his waist; he walked them over to the wall and slammed her against it, causing the pictures behind them to rattle.

"We can't.. not here." Briar whispered, fearing they'd wake someone up. Fred nodded and put her down, taking her hand and sneaking out of the portrait hole.