why'd we have to fall in love like this? • regulus black {requested} (part two)

Regulus never slept that night. He got to work. He tip toed around the room, slowly taking down the dark lord shrine. He tidied the room, something he should have done before the wedding. He unpacked Evie's bag, clearing out a space in the closet for her clothes and drawers for her personal items. He snuck down to the kitchen and prepared a small breakfast of oatmeal and tea - he couldn't cook - and brought it back up to the room.

By then, Evie was bewildered and half asleep. He sat up in the bed and looked around, trying to comprehend what happened to the room... if she was still even in the same room. "Goodmorning." Regulus said, sitting a tray of food in front of his wife.

Evie looked at the bowl then back at Regulus. "What have you done? Is this poisoned?" She poked the oatmeal with her spoon.

Regulus sighed, sipping his own cup of tea. "No. I just thought I'd do something nice. If we're going to spend the rest of our lives together, we should at least get to know each other and be civil."

Weary, Evie took a bite of the oatmeal. Then another. She was starving. "Taking posters down and making me breakfast does not change who your Lord is." Evie sighed, sipping the tea.

"About that..." Regulus had decided during the night she was right. He was done following Voldemort and knew of one way to weaken him. He believed with the help of Evie and
Kreacher, it was possible. "I need your help."

The newlyweds spent the entire day in bed, Regulus revealing his plans and Evie excitedly willing to help. She was weary at first, confused as to why he'd changed his mind so quickly.
Nevertheless, Evie was for any plan to destroy Voldemort.

As the young couple discussed plans of switching horcruxes, Voldemort's power and all the innocent lives lost.. the conversation changed suddenly. "What's your favorite color?" Regulus inquired.

"Purple." Evie smiled softly. "Your's?"

"Green. Proud Slytherin." He smiled widely.  Evie nodded and giggled. The two continued the rest of the night asking childish questions and getting know each other. Regulus' eyes grew heavy, it was well into the night and he hadn't slept in two days. Evie noticed how handsome Regulus was, how caring and gentle he really was after his exterior was cracked.

"Sleepy?" Evie smiled. Regulus nodded.

"I was up all night." He stretched and leaned back on the bed. "I couldn't get our argument out of my head."

"Why? You've never lost sleep over our arguments before." She giggled and scooted closer to him, Regulus smiled as he watched as her own hard exterior cracked as well.

"You were right and that's what bothered me the most. He's evil." Regulus shook his head and reached out, drawing circles on Evie's hand with his finger. "After thinking about what he's done... what he done to Kreacher... hearing you say that's the reason you hated me..." he pointed to the wall, "I stayed up all night burning that stuff."

Evie looked at the wall where the pictures had been then back to Regulus, her heart suddenly beating fast. She grabbed her hair brush out of the bedside table and began to brush her hair, trying to take her mind off of things.. off of the sudden tension between them... good tension. She felt as if Regulus could hear her heart. She almost violently brushed her hair, pulling it over her shoulder get the back.

"Here, let me help." Regulus sat up, taking the brush from Evie's hand and running it through her long blonde hair gently. His hands brushed her bare shoulder, protruding out of her sleeveless night gown. Evie tensed under the brush of his hand, but relaxed as he softly brushed her hair. Who knew Regulus could be so gentle?

The tension between them was almost too much to handle. A newfound attraction that made Evie realize that maybe one day, they could actually fall in love. It would take time, work. But it wasn't such a far off idea anymore. Evie reached back and placed her hand on Regulus', stopping him. She pulled his hand down around her waist and they laid together in bed, her back pressed against his chest and his arm around her stomach. She wanted to see his reaction, so she rolled over so they were facing.

"This is much more comfortable than last night." She whispered. Regulus simply stared. How did they go from being at each other's throats to this? Actually, he did know - his loyalty to Voldemort was the only thing holding them back.. looking back, Regulus realized there was always some type of attraction there.

"Is this okay?" He placed a hand on her cheek. She smiled underneath the warmth of it and nodded. Slowly, Regulus leaned in and placed a small kiss on her forehead. Innocent, respectful, but enough to know that he was indeed feeling the same way she was. They both drifted off to sleepy slowly, in each other's arms. They weren't in love yet, but they knew they could grow to be.

Months went by and the relationship quickly progressed. They found they had more in common than originally anticipated, forehead kisses lead to lip kisses.. lip kisses lead to deeper, more passionate kisses.... then other things. "You're very handsy for someone who said I wasn't your real wife." Evie had joked. Regulus tackled her to the bed and kissed more furiously.

Then, their mission ensued. They were bound and determined to switch out the locket and weaken Voldemort, Kreacher loyally by their side. They camped, they hid. They fell in love. They came together for a common goal, but found a love that grew strong so quickly it was unbearable. They battled separately on who would say it first.

Upon finally arriving at the cave, the young couple gave Kreacher specific orders to switch out the lockets, run and destroy it. They had a game plan before reaching the cave. Before entering, Regulus grabbed Evie by the waist and kissed her as if it would be the last time. "I love you Evie." He whispered against her lips. "Thank you for giving me a chance."

" I love you too, Reg. Always." She smiled widely, expecting the plan to go off without a hitch.

That was the last time Evie saw her husband alive. He was drug into the lake and she never seen him again. She fought like hell, trying to pull him out of the water. Regulus' last words was demanding her to run. So she did.

She ran as fast as she could, in opposite directions than Kreacher. She trusted he would get the job done. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her. She didn't know where she was, or how far or long she'd ran. She finally stopped and collapsed against a tree, taking a long gasp and releasing it with a sob. "Why'd we have to fall in love like this?" She cried to herself, knowing that if situations were different... they'd grew old together, they'd had a long and happy life.

She passed out against the tree, wishing she was dead too. She didn't want to live a life without him.

The death eaters found her collapsed against the tree and delivered her to Voldemort. She was question on Regulus' whereabouts and tortured. She was not going to give up that easy. She was not going to turn Kreacher over...
Honestly, she couldn't even bring herself to say the words that Regulus had died. She hoped secretly, the long she stayed quiet.. the quicker he would kill her. He did. She stayed loyal to Regulus and she stood firm until the very end.