why'd we have to fall in love like this? • regulus black {requested} (part one)

Evie Lestrange and Regulus Black knew two things about each other: they absolutely despised on another and they were getting married. The marriage was forced and not exactly something they could protest. Being both of pureblood lineage, Evie had been chosen for Regulus from the moment she was born.

How was she supposed to be with someone she hated?

It wasn't that Regulus was ugly, or a bad guy, he was just cocky and arrogant and thought all muggle born witches and wizards should die. That's all. Evie sighed and realized that those three qualities were repulsive and absolutely cancelled out any other old quality Regulus had.

Evie silently agreed with the fact that all witches and wizards were equal, regardless of blood status. She knew that she couldn't voice her opinions and if she did, the consequences would be grave.

A loud cackle broke her out of her daze. "I don't want her in my wedding, mum." Evie grumbled, assuming that her mum would take her side. It was a nice thought while it lasted.

"Evie, she is married to Rudolphus and is Regulus' cousin. She will be in this wedding." Her mum growled as she jerked Evie's corset tighter. Evie stared at Narcissa, who was the last Black before Regulus to be married. The two shared a gaze for a moment, as if they were reading each other's minds.

Evie shook her head, breaking her stare. Bella and Narcissa went on to began talking about babies, houses, the future. A future Evie did not want. Why was she getting married this young anyway? She hadn't the chance to finish Hogwarts, neither had Regulus.

Deep down, Evie knew why. Voldemort. He was the reason for everything. Whatever made him happy and another pureblood marriage and two new, loyal followers was just that. Evie did not want to follow him. She felt so dirty, so wrong even standing in that wedding dress knowing what this marriage meant.

The young couple hadn't had a lot of interaction leading up to the wedding. In fact, Regulus and Evie had actually made it a point to avoid each other. As Evie said her vows, in an unenthusiastic tone at first, she thought of all the members of both sides of the family that weren't here, that should be here. That we're living their lives freely, without dark magic: Sirius, Andromeda, and her own sister, Pandora. She wished she was them.

"You may now kiss the bride." The minister said. Regulus and Evie stared at each other for a moment before Regulus took a step forward, kissing Evie's lips surprisingly softly. The speed at which he snapped back proved to Evie the kiss was not sincere.

The rest of the night was a blur, a slow one at that. Evie and Regulus danced reluctantly, they kissed only when prompted. Finally, they'd made it through the night and were sent back to 12 Grimmauld Place.

Evie was disgusted with the fact that she'd be spending her wedding night under the same roof as her new in-laws. Not that anything would happen, she supposed their relationship would be much like Bella's and Rudolphus'.... bland.

What bothered Evie the most, as Regulus led her up the stairs to his... their... bedroom, was that his parents were going to assume they were doing things Evie couldn't even bare to think of. As they entered the room, Evie's stomach turned. There was memorabilia of Lord Voldemort everywhere... it was disgusting. One four post twin sized bed sat in the middle of the room with Slytherin green sheets and blankets.

"Where shall I sleep?" Evie asked simply. She held her wedding dress up slightly so it would not drag the ground. Regulus took a pillow and blanket and tossed it to the floor.

"There." He snorted and flopped back onto the bed.

"Absolutely not." Evie growled, "I am not sleeping in the floor."