Fred Weasley • Growing Pains (Part Two)

Delilah went to the healer and her and Angelina's suspicions were confirmed: she was pregnant. Delilah went straight from St. Mungos to the shop, she was going to tell Fred. Her heart beat quickly as she opened the door, George stood at the counter. Thankfully, there were no customers. "Where's Fred?" she raised an eyebrow at George. George sighed and nodded his head towards the stairs.

"On a bender. Hasn't been to work in two days. Good thing business is slow." George sighed, looking at the stairs. Fred hadn't been well since Delilah left; George just been swore to secrecy by Fred not to tell Delilah anything. Fred drank all day and brought random girls home, but they were not Delilah. His bed was cold, even with the new girls in it each night. He longed to lay in bed with his arms around Delilah as she slept peacefully on his chest. He cried; once his entertainment had left the next morning, he cried silently in his room alone. Longing for Delilah to come home.

Delilah nodded and walked up the stairs. She walked into the flat without knocking, as if she still lived there. She went straight to Fred's bedroom; the bedroom they used to share. She remembered the first night she spent with Fred there. Nothing happened, they simply laid and enjoyed each other's company and talked about the future. They talked about their kids, one day. Looking back, Delilah imagined telling Fred she was pregnant with a ring on her hand, in a clever way such as a onesie or a "Best Dad" mug. Not like this. Broken up, broken hearted.

Delilah opened the door to find Fred sprawled out in Queen sized bed. Thankfully, he was alone. The Weird Sisters played loudly in the background and Delilah wondered how he was still asleep. Delilah walked over to the stereo and turned it off. As the music abruptly halted, Fred's eyes shot open. He had bags under his eyes and looked exhausted; Delilah felt sort of guilty for waking him up. "D? What are you doing here?" Fred asked, rubbing his swollen eyes. Delilah went around the room and picked up Fred's mess - empty beer bottles, wrappers, half drank fire whiskey. She always cleaned when she was stressed.

"What's wrong?" Fred asked, pulling his boxers on and standing up. Delilah continued to furiously clean. Fred was confused; he'd grieved over Delilah for months, attempting to get any information out of Angelina that he could. Now, here she was... randomly cleaning his room? "Delilah." Fred said sternly, taking the garbage can from her hand. Delilah froze and looked up at Fred, tears in her eyes. "Hey, hey, hey." Fred said, grabbing Delilah into a hug. He missed holding her in his arms so bad; she fit perfectly just under his chin. Fred always hated when he seen Delilah cry. They hugged as if they had never broke up. Truthfully, this is all Delilah wanted. She just wanted Fred to show her he still loved her, to tell her. She'd never left if he had. "What's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant." Delilah blurted out, her face still buried into Fred's chest. She suddenly began sobbing hysterically. Fred froze, his arms falling from Delilah. He was going to be a father? A smile crept into Fred's lips.

"Are you sure?" He asked. Delilah nodded against his chest. Fred grabbed her again, holding her even closer than before. "Do you not want it?" He asked, concerned. Delilah continued to sob.

"Of course I do." She cried, "I feel like you hate me, Fred. I only left so you'd chase me." She sniffled and wiped her eyes. "It's so stupid. I just felt so alone, Fred. Like you didn't love me anymore. You replaced me so quick." She cried even harder, her breathing escalating. Fred walked her over to the bed and sat her down, rubbing her cheek gently with his thumb.

"D, calm down. This isn't good for you or the baby." He whispered, pulling her back to his chest. "I'm so sorry. I just needed something to numb the pain. They meant nothing. I've wanted you back since the second you left." He sniffled into her hair. He dropped down in front of Delilah and cradled her hips in his hands, looking up to her as if to beg for forgiveness.

"Please, Delilah. I need you. I want you and our baby. I want to be a family. I love you more than anything; both of you." He cried, resting his forehead on her lap. Delilah was silent for a moment, then reached up and rubbed Fred's soft red hair.

"One condition." She whispered. Fred looked up and nodded. "Wash these damn sheets." Fred chuckled and jumped up, grabbing his girlfriend in his arms and spinning her around. He dropped down and kissed her stomach gently, where their child was growing.

"I love you so much, Delilah." He whispered, kissing her lips softly.

For the rest of her pregnancy, and after, Fred was back to his old self. No matter how busy the shop got, he always made time for Delilah. He always reminded her how much she meant to him. He treated her as if she was breakable, making her as comfortable as possible as her stomach grew.

When the time came for Delilah to give birth, the Weasley family waited patiently outside of St. Mungo's. Fred came out to announce the birth of his baby girl: Zoey Angelina. The room erupted with cheers. Fred went back into the room to check on his beautiful girlfriend and daughter. As the nurse's looked Zoey over, Fred cradled Delilahs tired face in his hands and rubbed her cheek softly. "Marry me?" He whispered.

Delilah let out a weak chuckle, exhausted from child birth. "I thought you'd never ask."