Color Bomb • George Weasley

A/N: Fred is alive in this one!

Rose busied herself in the shop. She had a job interview at 1 at St. Mungo's. Rose had trained as healer after the War; but had yet to find a job. George, her fiancé, could tell she was nervous. "You're going to do fine." He tried to reassure her.

"Yes!" Fred chimed in, "you patched me up real nice." He grinned, lifting his shirt and pointing to the scar on his stomach. Fred had been injured badly in the war, but Rose had doctored him to best of her ability, as well as many others. That's what ultimately chose her to train as a healer.

"Give me something to do." Rose sighed, looking at the clock. "I still have an hour."

George sighed, knowing Rose was most relaxed when she was busy. "You can organize that shelf." He pointed to a shelf with boxes strewn left and right from a group of kids that had just left. Rose smiled and got to work.

Rose hadn't been working just a few minutes when the box exploded. As she coughed and fanned the dust out of her face, she turned to look at the twins. "What was that?! It's choked me to death!" She coughed.

Fred let out a cackle, an inappropriate one but the situation was still hilarious. George attempted to stifle a laugh, knowing the severity of the interview coming up in just half an hour and knowing the fury his fiancé was about to unleash when she realized what had happened. "Love.." he said calmly, "that was our color bombs. They're harmless."

"Why are they called color bombs?" Rose raised an eyebrow. Fred quickly ran to the back and grabbed a handheld mirror. He held it up to Rose's face before she let out a scream.

"I'm going to kill you two!" She growled, looking at her face which was now a bright shade of purple.

"Rose..." George reached out for her hand but she jerked away, scurrying to the bathroom. She tried to scrub it off her face but was getting no where.

"When you going to tell her it lasts two hours?" Fred chuckled. George gulped.

Rose stomped angrily to the interview. She surely wasn't getting the job now, but she was determined to show up at least. She knew it was just an accident and really not their fault, but she was still fuming.. she swung the door open at St. Mungo's and fake smiled. The receptionist looked like she'd seen a ghost when Rose walked up to her front desk, "Rose Clemons. I'm here for an interview." She tried to pretend she wasn't bright purple.

"Just have a seat." The receptionist said skeptically, but sweetly.

"Rose?" A voice called not long after she'd had a seat. Rose's heart sank to her stomach - she surely wasn't getting this job but she was hard headed and determined to try.

"Can I just say, before this interview starts, that I am so extremely sorry for my appearance?" Rose said shyly as she sat across the table from the plump man. He raised an eyebrow.

"Can you explain?"

"Well, are you familiar with the joke shop.. Weasley's Wizard Wheezes?" She explained, the man nodded. "Well, my fiancé, George, and his brother, Fred, they own it.. I was extremely nervous about this interview and I was trying to keep busy.. a box exploded and.. I couldn't miss. I don't miss things. I show up, always, regardless." Rose hoped this would work in her favor.

"Wait a second.. I knew you looked familiar!" The man clapped his hands together; remembering Rose from the war. "You were the girl who helped all those people. You were incredible!"

Rose smiled warmly, "yes, my brother in law, Fred.. almost died." Rose shuddered to herself, remembering the day she found Fred near death.

"Well, I believe I've heard all I need to hear." He said quietly, placing his hands on his desk. Rose gulped. "I have seen that you are phenomenal under pressure, the War showed that and that you are determined to work.. you've displayed that today." He chuckled. "Can you start next week?"

Rose beamed, just as the purple as starting to wear off. "Absolutely!! Thank you so much!"

Fred and George felt guilty. They had cleaned the whole flat, top to bottom. Fred went to see Angelina as George finished up the flat, running her a hot tub of water. He was trying to suck up, because he felt like this whole situation was his fault.

Rose floo'd back to the house and put on a fake sad face. George ran to the fireplace. "You okay? How did it go?" He noticed her expression, "Rosie, I'm so sorry. There'll be other jobs. This is all my fault."

Rose watched him wallow for a minute then smiled. "I'm just messing with ya. I got the job!" She wrapped her arms around his neck. "Payback."

George let out a sigh relief and kissed her. "I love you, even when you're purple."

" I love you too." She smiled.