In Another Life (Regulus Black) {part two}

"There she is." Regulus grinned widely as his girlfriend entered their home, 12 Grimmauld Place. Her parents were letting her spend the last two weeks of summer holiday with the Blacks. Amelia couldn't help the smile that crept on her lips. She felt dread for what was coming, but Regulus always made her smile.

"Hi." She smiled sweetly as he swooped her up into his arms and swung her around. Amelia took in his scent, appreciating every second of his arms around her. She was going to give an ultimatum; her or the Dark Lord. After her talk with Andy and Ted, she'd decided she wanted to fight on the right side of things and she had hope that maybe, just maybe, after she spoke with Regulus, he would too.

The two laid in Regulus' bed in each other's arms. Regulus nuzzled his face into the crook of Amelia's neck, leaving small kisses as he moved. Amelia let out a big sigh, attempting to ready herself for the conversation that was about to ensue.

"Reg, we need to talk." She whispered. Regulus pulled back quickly, noticing the seriousness of her voice. Amelia became afraid; she wasn't exactly in the best location to pledge her allegiance to blood equality.

"What's wrong, love?" He replied, his black brows furrowing. Amelia gulped and sat up on the bed, taking Regulus' hands in hers. Her finger traced the dark mark on his forearm.

"Do you really know what this stands for? What the Dark Lord fights for?" She whispered, her blue eyes filling with tears. Regulus moved back slightly, confused. Amelia was loyal to family, to her own. Why would she even question this? He thought this was what she wanted?

"What do you mean, Mil?" He whispered, shock in his voice. Amelia rubbed her eyes with the heels of her hand.

"Reg, I- I can't do this. I can't stand for something so wrong." She shook her head, closing her eyes tightly. Regulus sat silently. She cupped his face in her hands. "If you knew what you were doing you wouldn't-"

Regulus jerked away from her, "I have you know I know exactly what I'm doing." His face turned dark. "Our future together.. you could live in a house like this. We could have children. You're going to throw all that away?"

"Yes, Regulus. Until you understand-"

Regulus broke out into a sob, his whole world crashing down. "Get. Out. Before I tell my parents."

Amelia cried, "Reg, it's not too late." Regulus turned his head from meeting Amelia's striking blue gaze and pointed to the door. 

Amelia left. She ran past Kreacher and Regulus' family without a word. She ran to Andy and Ted, with only a simple owl to inform her parents. Then, she made the most life changing decision she'd ever made; she joined Sirius in the Order.

"That's Millie." Sirius smiled warmly, pointing at a beautiful blonde standing next to him in the picture of the Order. "She was the love of my brother's life." He shook his head and Harry noticed the sadness plaguing his voice.

"Regulus." Harry stated simply.

Sirius nodded, continuing. "She gave him an ultimatum: her or the Dark Lord. Well, you know how that ended." Sirius sighed, "by the time he'd come to his senses, she was killed by none other than the Dark Lord hisself. No one knew, but Voldemort assumed she knew Regulus' whereabouts. She'd stayed with us a lot and gushed over the new baby on its way." He nudged Harry. "She went back to her flat one night and there he was." Sirius looked at the picture, in which he had his arm slung over his young friend's shoulders. "She fought like hell, I hear. Regulus went to his grave loving her. He came back for her, but it was too late."

Sirius laid the picture down and sighed, missing both immensely. Though he and his brother had a less than perfect relationship, Amelia and Sirius were very close. In another life, a life without dark magic, the two would've grown old together and had their happy ending. Sirius wished Regulus had seen the error of his ways; realizing that the decision to follow Voldemort cause him Amelia's life.. and his own.