🌙2|Memories Ahead

💎

Lying half-unconscious on the bare grass, I woke up in a deserted area. Birds were chirping loudly in my ears. I opened my eyes little by little as my vision was becoming clearer now. But I was awestruck to see a boy looking at me straight in the eye. Widening my eyes, my body sprang up quickly.

"You're awake," he said and quickly stoo up when I sprang up.

I tried to get up on my feet on own but I saw a hand stretched out to me. Staring at this stranger, I was reluctant to to gesture so he walked back with a chuckle.

"Suit yourself then." I only managed to get back on my feet after two tries as he watched me closely from two feet from where I stood up. Dusting my dress, I find his looks familiar. While I glared around curiously, he sighs and turns around.

"I'll be going now since you're awake," he announced before picking up a golden bow and arrow. He rummaged the area scanning around for something before he proceeded walking.

"Hey! Wait, who are you? Why did you save me?" I yelled and grabbed his hand. He turned and looked at me as if I was crazy. But he covered my mouth giving me a quiet stare after hearing noises behind him.

I widened my eye in shock as I tried to free myself from his grip. I stepped on his foot making him wince in pain. He quickly stepped back and looked at me angrily.

"Why did you do that?" he demanded while I rushed for any defensive weapon against him.

He looked as me laughing consistently instead when he sees me walking for a stick.

"You should put that down," he advised and arrested me in his arms before I could attack him. "I won't let you kill me!" I retorted while pushing him with all my strength.

He seemed surprised to my crazy reaction. Furrowing his eyebrows, he retorts, "I have no intention of killing you, he was," he complained trying to maintain his posture as we struggled on the grass.

He lets go and pushes me back. Stumbling on a toe, I looked up to him angrily. "Why did you bring me here then?" I exclaim before moving backwards in fear. He walked away to pick up his arrow and threw it directly at me.

"Aaaah!" I shouted but I felt nothing after squeezing my eyes. "Would you stop yelling? That was a poisonous scorpion," he said leaving me speechless as I saw a lifeless scorpion lying close to me.

He shook his head with a smirk before marching out. When I looked around, I got scared so I started running after him. "Wait for me?" I grimaced holding his hand tightly. He stopped walking and stared at me sighing. "Why do you have this?" I asked snatching it from him to study it.

His face changed totally until he started chasing me for it.

"That's none of your business," he criticized and took it back from me forcefully. He quickly brushed me out of the way so he could leave.

"Hey! You." I yelled which made him turn back. Glancing around the creepy forest, I rushed to stand beside him. "So you're gonna leave just like that?" I asked curiously frowning.

"If you're worried about going back, just go straight. You'll get to Christleville soon," he added and continued walking as if nothing concerned him. "Wait." I concluded before running towards him.

"You didn't answer me, who are you?" He replied sooner with a wink, "I don't have to answer that, or do I?" With a scoff, he resumed leaving.

"Why did you save me and who was he?" I asked standing if front of him with puppy eyes.

He sighed and stared in the skies,"Well, let's say it was a noble deed. And you should be careful if you walk around in the woods."

Smiling, I put my hands behind me and apologized, "Thanks." Before stretching my hand, he rested his bow on one of the trees and shook my hand after several thoughts. "Where are you heading?" I questioned as I walked along with him.