🌙25| Identity

Trembling with the phone in my hands, my eyes began to flicker in fear. As I held back my tears from attracting attention from the other students, I heard a loud bang on the door.

"Isn't that Clara, the murders' suspect?" Sighing, she glared at me from her locker door to avoid making me catch her. But I could hear them fair and square. It wasn't that I wasn't fed up with his threats and now I've become the centre of gossip here. "She was acquitted from the charges with the help of a police officer. Rumors say she bribed him!"

"Did you also hear? She's double dating too." The other girl added staring at her friend. The crevices of her eyebrows raised hearing her confession. Gosh. She's something. I also heard she keeps on defending someone who hurt her during practice. It's no wonder people say she might have killed her mom-"

  "-speaking of that, I heard her mother was like prison guard to her. Do you think she killed her to gain her freedom?" That was the last straw. I couldn't take their horrible insinuations anymore. Banging her locker door in her face, I grabbed her hand angrily.

  "Hey! What's with you? Let my friend go," she yelled trying to intercede but I took a tight grasp on her hand instead and threw the other against the wall. "Keep this in mind. Don't spread gossip you're not sure of. You might end up in jail or lose that sluggish tongue of yours!"

Turning around angrily, I pushed the other one too and stepped out of the locker room. "Ouch," they winced while looking at me walk out with angry looks. I unlocked my phone and checked the message for information. Trying to dial the number, it went straight to voicemail.

As I gritted my teeth, I looked up to keep my tears back. Almost breaking down with the unbearable events, I stared at the message over and over, unable to decide on what to do next with this threat. "Clara Dickson, get to my office now!" After turning to the speakers over the walls, I let out a sigh.

We needed to talk any way. I wasn't going to sit by as she kills more students and pin the blame on me. I can get some information on Ian's whereabouts too. I'm not going to let Janessa's death slide like that. They were going to pay!

  Holding my head up high, I dropped my phone in my bag and walked to her office. After a brief knock, she told me to come in. As I took in a deep breath, I moved the door awake and stepped in with a bow. She lowered her fingers over a report and turned to me with a serious look.

  "This is your academic report for the last examinations. If this repeats, I'll have to-"

  "-you can go ahead. I'm moving back to the States next semester," I retorted. Her eyes widened in shock after I challenged her openly. "Miss Dickson-"

  "I know everything. You and Ian aren't going to have the last laugh. If you have a bit conscience, tell me where he is." Staring blankly at me, the document fell off her hands on to her desk. "I know he's threatening you too. I don't know what items he's talking about. If you help me, we can defeat him together."

Dragging a notebook on her table, I took out a fountain pen from my pocket and wrote a number at the bottom. "Here's my number. You can contact me when you've made a decision." With that, I got up abruptly and marched out towards my class.

As I walked along the hallway, my phone beeped again. After reading over the message, I looked up inti the air and sighed. "Meet me at the burial service plot today," from the police officer.

  "Clara!" a sudden voice run through my ears. After hearing a familiar voice, I turned around to check who was calling me. Watching Jess march towards me, three girls started to exchange curious gazes. From the looks on their faces, I could tell it was because the principal called for me again.