🌙19|Chaos

As cold wind brushed over my face, I twirled towards the young woman standing by one of the burial grounds. Throwing my bag behind me, I started walking to her. Just when I was two feet from her, my eyes spotted a familiar face. After turning to one of the picture frames with a container with ashes, I quickly turned yo the name attached to it

"Mom?" She moved closer to me and pulled out a working card. "It's me, Janessa, one of your mom's colleagues from the hospital," she explained while looking at me apologetically.

"Janessa?" She nodded before turning to the picture frame. "I just heard of your mom's demise from that police officer," she explained as she moved her eyes to another man standing just a feet from us. By just a short glimpse, I knew who it was. "You?! Where you the one who did this without telling me?" I yelled staring at him angrily.

After holding his breath, he sighed and nodded. "I had to. We need to talk." Shaking my head, I stepped back as a tear glided down my cheeks. "Talk about how you cremated my own mom without telling me? Did you use Janessa to get me here?" Janessa attempted to calm me down by holding my hand but I turned to her angrily too.

  "Let's not create a scene here. I'll explain everything, but not here. It's about your mom's case." Biting my lips, I lowered my head and walked to my mom's frame running my palm over it in tears

Not as if everything wasn't enough, I couldn't even cremate her myself. Why is this happening to me? Looking at her smile in the picture, I saw a few chrysanthemum flowers stocked in the frame.

"I'm sorry for not coming earlier. That's why I'm here to make it up to you." While rolling my tongue, I dragged my hand down from the frame and started walking away from them in anger. My feet stumbled back when I heard a yell from behind.

"Her complete autopsy is out. Wouldn't you want to know what actually happened to her?" My trembling eyes quietly turned around to him as he stood beside Janessa. With an apologetic smile, she nodded.

Holding my tears in, the two of them marched towards me, pointing to a nearby restaurant. After a minute of contemplating, I decided to go with them. We stopped at the centre table and took our seats as the waiter walked to us

  "Welcome to City Restaurant. What would you like to have?" Janessa turned to him and nodded after exchanging eye messages. "We'll have three cups of coffee please." The waiter lowered his head to excuse himself. After a few minutes, he returned with our orders.

"Thanks," we appraised receiving our individual cup of coffee one at a time. I dropped my bag on the chair and turned to them with impatient gazes. "What is it?" After a heavy sigh, he placed his arms on the table and looked into my eyes.

"I investigated Kate Cooper's case because it's similar to your mother's. It's the same for Amy Sparks and several others. A man threatened me on my way back to drop the case. That's why I told you I won't investigate."

Saying these to me, I couldn't help but stare at him astonished. "You heard right. I couldn't trace his whereabouts because he came prepared with a hoodie. I'm guessing you know him too?"

As I moved my eyes to Janessa, I could tell from her eyes that she wasn't too surprised. "Yes. He's attacked me several times. I only managed to escape because he needs something from me-"

  "-you can tell me everything. I know he's a vampire." Widening my eyes, I had realized he knew the depth of the situation.

"So you believe me?" Sighing, he crossed his arms and nodded. "I do. That's why I called you to cooperate with you and find him. All the victims have bite marks on their necks. I only hid this from the police to protect my family."