🌙17| Revelations

Glaring critically at the pictures one after the other, he turned to me. "They....let's go inside first," Max concluded. Nodding, he opened the door for me and rolled up the curtains to keep the light in. When I walked inside to take a seat, he quickly pushed something under the sofa before I could see it.

"They're old items I wanted to get rid of tonight," he said seeing the curiosity in my eyes. I pursed my lips and sat on the sofa looking around. The state of the room was more like he wasn't around the whole day. Actually, it was like he just returned from somewhere.

"I think I get it. It's Ian's doing. He's been attacking your lookalikes thinking it was you. He killed them when he realized they weren't you. Exposing his identity to humans wasn't ideal," Max convinced spreading the pictures on the table.

"Kate is your neighbor, he must have mistook her for you. It's full moon. This is vampires hunting season." As my eyes wavered, I slowly lowered my hands to picked up the pictures one by one, realizing the immediate similarities.

"He killed all of them, b-because of me," I imagined shaking my head. Falling back on the sofa, I closed my eyes to hold back my tears. As agony and devastation filled my heart, the picture slipped out of my fingers.

He moved closer to pick it up before sitting beside me. "It's not your fault. It's Ian we've to blame," he coaxed but I was still stunned to react to his console. Indirectly, I still caused their deaths. How many people would be killed until he gets what he wants? I dragged my bag from the sofa and fished out a letter. His eyes traced my hands as I ripped a letter from an envelope. Sighing, I handed over the letter mom received from dad about eighteen years back.

He read it critically and lifted his head looking around haphazardly. "Your dad left telling your mom to take care of you if he doesn't come back alive?"

I nodded and stared into his eyes exhausted from all these drama. I didn't even know what to do next at this moment. "Did you stay here since ever since you were born?" I shook my head and retorted sharply, "No...I settled here with mom when I was eleven. We moved to eight different cities before setting here." His eyebrows curved at my answer. Dropping the letter on his table, he looked at me.

"Eight cities? Did she tell you why? Why would she move out like that?" I shook my head burying my fave in my palms with a hearty sigh. "She never did. We settled here for the longest time. I guess it's because of that cottage in the woods."

He got up and came back a few minutes after with something in his hands.

"It seems your dad knew that he wouldn't come back. There's something I haven't told you, because I didn't want you to panic.

When you asked me about my parents, I told you they died." I nodded glaring into his eyes with a sudden thought. "But Ian adopted me when I was left alone on the streets and trained me up." My eyes widened at his confession. Getting up in hesitation, the crevices of my eyebrows curved.

He noticed my sudden discomfort to be around him. With lowered eyes, he stared at me with an apologetic look. "You're his son?!" Closing his eyes, he passed his hands through his hair in desperation.

"In documents. I didn't know of his true colors back then. You have to believe me." Holding back in hesitation, I stepped back shaking my head.

"I didn't tell you everything because I knew you'd react like this-"

"-then how do you expect me to take this?!"

He sealed his lips and walked towards the window. As he stared out blankly with his hands beside him, he let out a sigh. "I was four years back then. It was just around winter now," he explained while turning to me. When I walked towards him, he pointed to a little tanker on the table.