🌙9| Leftovers

💎

Grabbing a first aid kit, the school nurse opened the box. Tricia and Kate excused themselves so she could do her work. They took their seats outside waiting for news. As I laid on the bed, my head moved back and forth feeling a burning sensation over my forehead. I started feeling my body heat up the more as time passed by.

She picked a few ice blocks from the fridge and soaked a towel in it. Squeezing the water out of the towel, she wiped the sweat on my forehead and cleaned it up before laying it in my forehead finally. She quickly set a glass of water and painkillers on the table before turning to me.

  When she turned to my bruised arm, she picked an antibiotic and smeared it over the bruise before rolling a bandage on my arm. After a hour or less, I could open my eyes a bit. When I looked around, no one was there with me. I was completely alone. Staring at the dark room I had slept in, goose bumps drew on my skin. I quickly dropped my feet on the floor and walked to the door.

The hallway was totally empty too. As I bit my lips, I threw my critical gazes at both left and right sides to the hall way. But the only thing I could hear were my own footsteps.

  Where was everybody? Did they leave me in the school?

I massaged my arm when I felt a sharp pain opening the door. I marched along the hallway tapping my feet slowly at each step. My feet paused when I saw an empty room facing me. It was pretty darker in it than my surroundings.

Moreover, the door was left side open. I stepped back immediately as the door swung backwards once, creating a screeching noise in the eerie hallway. Curious about the room, I  walked slowly inside. Hearing only my footsteps, I started to feel secure. But my eyes flickered when the door suddenly banged and closed.

"Who's there?" As I turned, I felt a sharp silhouette pass beside me. I couldn't see his face as he swiftly brushed past me. My eyes moved down when I saw drops of blood tracing deeper into the room.

A loud gasp left my lips when I saw the blood traces. Unable to move for a second, I turned to the door and tried to open the door knob but it didn't budge. "Someone help!" I yelled banging the door but no one could hear me. Shaking, I dropped my hands and walked further. But my legs began to wobble seeing a girl sleeping on the floor.

I got closer to wake her up. But when I shook her she was cold dead with bite marks on her neck.

I stumbled back in fear as a man in black robe opened the door behind me. Twisting his neck, he approached me with a knife.

I screamed on top of my lungs and managed to open my eyes. When I looked around again, I found myself in the first aid room with a glass of water and a painkiller lying on the table. Breathing heavily, I cling to my chest and took a gulp of the glass of water.

Someone rushed to my room. So I hid myself in the bedsheets.

"Clara? Are you okay? I heard your scream," Tricia asked removing the sheets from my face. I sighed when I realized that it was just a dream and nothing of that sort happened. Wiping the sweat off my face, I turned to my bandaged arm.

"I've hired a taxi for you. I'll help you sit up," added she while she assisted me to stand up from the bed . I nodded quietly and stood on my toes gradually. She helped me descend the stairs and waved goodbye when I sat in the car. The driver dropped me in front of my house.

Locking the door, I threw the keys on the sofa and walked into the kitchen to prepare some tea. Inhaling the aroma of the coffee, I walked to the kitchen table and fished out a hamburger from the fridge. I prepared sandwiches from the sausages bread,vegetables from the fridge and turned on the television.