🌙29| Death perks

Hitting his shoulder, I felt a bit relived that he didn't get hurt that much. I could see the students glaring at us as they walked to their lockers in the locker room. I packed up all the cotton and antibiotics back into the box and got up.

"You won't need this then. I'll send it back." With a sharp nod from him, I saw Catherine marching towards us. After dropping by the nursing room, I moved back to them. Catherine smiled when she saw me approaching.

  "Since you're both here, can you explain that?" I chuckled and hit his shoulder again. He shoved his body aside to dodge my hit. Catherine started laughing seeing him lively with me. "Do we need to explain though?" I asked blinking my eyes while folding my lips. It was a long story and I don't like telling stories too.

  Tapping his shoulder, Catherine sat beside him. "It looks like you're not up to it. I'll tell you instead."

  Adrian turned to me with a curious look before turning back to her. "I was the first daughter of our mother. Due to the prophecy of someone from our family line destroying him, he kidnapped me when I was at the amusement park with our parents. That's how I ended up with you guys." Looking around in circles, he rolled his tongue.

  "So you're trying to say you're the one who can end his life?" I cleared my throat and sat by them too. "That's when I come in the picture! It's me instead. He kept her alive only after finding out she wasn't the one. He came back for me, and that's how our dad died. That's the reason why mom never settled in one city."

  Nodding after putting the puzzle together, he looked at both of us with a short laughter. "Who would have thought I was entangled with two sisters. So what are you going to do? Will you go back to Ian?"

She nodded and turned to me with a sad look. "He changed our place multiple times after you left for fear of ratting his activities to the police. I can't tell you out exact location because we're blindfolded on the way. But I'll try to find out."

Stretching my neck to glare at her, she pushed my head away and laughed. "Don't worry. He won't do anything to me. He still needs me to read the spell books. Speaking of which, make sure you protect it well."

Lowering my eyes, I now understand why he didn't kill her after finding out and didn't turn her into a vampire like his other puppets. "Alright. I'll leave you two. We'll talk more tomorrow."

As we watched her get up, I traced her movements as she walked out on us. I still felt uneasy about letting her go back to him. "Don't worry about her. She's a tough girl. I've known her for nine years."

Curving my eyebrows, I got up and began walking to the locker room for my books. "What's with you? Wait for me!" I opened the locker door and threw all my books in smiling at the empty content.

"Don't worry, I'll finish the project by tomorrow," Adrian promised holding my hand. Turning to him after he held my hand, I forced a smile and nodded. "I can't believe I'm the only one who remembers!" As his eyes blinked, I proceeded marching out of the school.  "Remembers what?"

  Gritting my teeth, I banged the exit door in his face. He quickly opened the door and run after me. "Meeting you in the hospital. You were cute, unlike now." Laughing at my comment, he tried to keep pace with me while I walked to the bus station.

  "What hospital? Was it yesterday?" I shook my head and sat on the lovers bench waiting for the next bus. "Fifteen years ago. When your parents admitted you to their workplace." His eyes fell in thoughts trying to remember anything like that. His head moved when he remembered something.

  "You're right. I almost forgot about that. Were you that little girl who was bullied by her classmates?" Turning to him irritated, I returned a nod. He sat back against the relaxed part of the bench and glared down deep in thoughts. "Didn't expect that. So we knew each other from then."