🌙22| Restrictions

Staring at the picture with furrowed eyebrows, I also spotted a snow globe in the victim's hand as he stood on the streets. "Wait...that boy.  I've seen him somewhere," I thought before flipping through the pages quickly for more pictures and information.

Suddenly, a realization struck me. I noticed a striking resemblance of this picture with the picture in Max's album of which I located under his sofa. The snow globe he gave me deemed similar to the one in this newsletter too.

  Could it be true? Is he the little boy in this newsletter?

I raised the newsletter right to my face to look at it critically. But after glaring at the face of the boy in the picture, I realized that I had seen him before too. But where? I thought while looking around the mall. My eyes widened when a memory rushed though my mind.

Pulling a wheelchair in the hospital along the walls, I spotted numerous strangers passing by me as Mom dragged me. When I bit my lip, I started playing with my legs bored of being transferred from one unit to another for some tests.

While being dragged, I turned to the main exit watching the patients rolled quickly towards the operation unit on the stretchers. Swallowing a gulp, I stared at the patients lying breathless and others fighting to stay alive.

  With a drip on my hand, I looked up to the dripping liquid with melancholy. How long was I going to stay in this hospital. It was horrible seeing blood all over the doctors who dragged the patients on the stretcher. "Ryan! Stay with me," a young woman screamed while holding on to the little boy's hand.

My eyes fell sadly while playing with my fingers. When mom noticed my uncomfortable state, she lowered her head to greet all the doctors who passed by her and dragged me to my doctor faster.

  We got to the consulting unit in no time. "Come in," the doctor exclaimed. She nodded and rolled the curtains back to get me back on my bed. As she moved back to talk to the doctor, I watched them on the bed

  "How's her condition now?" Sighing, he turned to her after looking through a folder in his hands. "After running several tests, she's quite a lucky girl. The hit on her head didn't cause any internal bleeding. Her x-rays are quite good too. She just needs some vitamins and dressing at the wounded area. She can be discharged soon."

  Heaving a sigh, she thanked the doctor with a bow. "You don't need to thank me. It's our job after all. You can take the day off tomorrow too and take care of her." She nodded happily and walked out to talk further with him.

Left alone, I folded my lips and took a deep breath. It was only when I turned to my right that I noticed another patient was sleeping on the next bed.

  "Is anyone there?" I asked staring at the curtains. A little hand slowly raised and drew the curtains back. When it was completely out of the way, I saw a little boy around my age lying on the bed.

As I saw a drip placed on him too, I saw two adults standing close to him and talking to the doctor. When my mom saw them, a smile drew on her face.

  "Mr. Morrison!" she called out holding a packaged tea in her hands. The little boy turned to me with a sigh.  "You look quite sick," he said. I nodded and smiled lightly,"Yeah. I had a fight with my classmates. They're big bullies!" He laughed hearing the words big bullies.

"What about you?" He lowered his head and stared at me for a moment. "Well I don't know why I'm here. I tried to play with my friends but ended up hurting my hand. I can't control it sometimes. My friends call me an outcast."

He pursed his lips and turned to our chatty parents. "What do you say we play a game? I'll bring it up." I was bored already and mom was talking to someone else. It wouldn't hurt to play a game with him.