21. Siwang the bitch

EVA

"Emma, this is a mistake! He's innocent!!" I yell at her.

"Sure it is. Leaking intel is legal," she sais.

I slam my fist into the wall and as I remove it it starts cracking.

"What he hell, Eva. How'd you do that?"

"Do what?" I ask as I do not know what she's talking about.

"You froze the wall. Look," she says pointing at the frozen hole in the wall, "How did you do that?"

"I don't know."

I look down at my arm and I only see blood on my knuckles.

"What makes you think Felcar's innocent, anyway?" she then changes subject as she didn't even see the frozen hole in the wall I created.

"It's kind of connected with my dream..."

"Your dream!? You do not get to decide who's guilty and who's innocent by the perspective of your dreams!"

I sit down on the bench behind me and look at my feet. I know he's innocent. Someone's controlling him. Who? Maybe I have powers in this world too? Maybe I froze the hole? Maybe I can figure out who that someone is...

"Hey, listen. I'm going to go and talk to his wife and see what she has to say about that," Emma says, pats me on the back and walks toward the exit.

I look at my arms again. Maybe I do have powers here. That wall didn't freeze itself, now, did it?

"Emma! I'm going home. See you later!"

"Ok. See you!"

I walk outside and inhale the cold air. There's a forest near by.

***

I grab a hold of a branch and pull myself up.
Let's see what we can do, Frost. Your last name clearly means something...

I squeeze my hands into fists. Small ice flowers start growing from the tips of my fingers and crawl down my arms. I quickly shake my arms and the frozen flowers disappear.
Holy shit!

My phone starts ringing. It's an unknown number.

"Hello?" I say to the stranger.

"Hi. Are you Eva Frost?" a woman's voice asks.

"Who's asking?"

"I'm Siwang."

"Siwang who?" I say playfully.

"Siwang Allan. Douglas' wife."

"Oh. Can I help you?"

"Yes. My husband has told my a lot about you. You know how to kill weird stuff."

"Define weird."

"Scaly blue birds."

I laugh loudly at this, but then again I can grow ice flowers with my fingers.

"I'm serious. I need help. Please come quickly," she explains.

"I don't know where you live..."

"I'm at your house."

"How the hell did you get in?"

"I'll explain later. Please hurry..." and she hangs up.