5. Daedric Symbols.

It's midnight. Only lighsource is the moonlight through the small window abowe my head. I can't sleep again. I haven't eaten, peed nor slept these past few days.

I stand up and pull my blanket around myself. I'm wearing a night shirt and shorts, but it's cold to be out of bed.

I walk to my door and open in quietly. As I peek through it I see Douglas sleeping. It's a good sign. I sneak up to the bathroom and close myself in it. I let the warm water in the shower run. Shower time.

After I'm done I notice that a lot of time had passed. I stare at myself in the mirror. Each time I get shivers my bodyhair turns colour for split-second. It starts to grow.

"Shit...Not again." I whisper to myself.

A sudden banging on the door.

"You okay in there? You've been there for a wile now..."

"Yeah...Just a sec."

I search for something to hide myself. A towel! Perfect! I pull it over my head and pretend to dry my hair as I exit.

"Hey, aa, you left your blanket...and why the hell do you have a tail?"

"Crap..."

I start pulling the towel off of my head, but he stops me.

"Don't." he whispers.

He pushes me into my room, closes the door behind us and takes the towel off my head.

"Are you okay?" He asks throwing the blanket on the bed.

"I'm fine."

"I know what fine means."

"Ok. I'm not entirely sure if yes or no."

"When did this start?"

"Showering or this?"

"This."

"About a minute ago?"

"Oh no. This isn't good...at all..."

He sits on the pouffe he left in the middle of the room last night.

"You seem to know much of that...Tell me more."

He looks up at me and then back down at his feet again.

"It's a werewolf syndrome. Common in Real Nuclears. It can be prevented, but reversed only with nuclear liquid."

"How do you know of this?"

"I'm, uuhh.... I'm a Real Nucles myself."

I sit on my bed and pull my blanket aroud myself.

"You too?"

He nodds.

"Well, how to I prevent this?"

"Rapid mood changes."

"I've noticed you do that."

"Keeping yourself fed and sleep atleast five hours a day. When did you last eat or sleep?"

"I ate right before you shot me and slept around ten hours before that."

He sighted.

"What?"

"Dinner's at 8am down stairs. Find me."

"Okay. Thanks for helping."

"No problem. Show me your wrist."

"Why?"

"Just.." he grabs my left arm and turns it around. A small wierd symbol is on it. How did it get there?

"What is that?" I ask Douglas

"It's a letter. I have one too." he sais showing me his left wrist. The symbol isn't same, but it's in the same place.

"Douglas, you can let go of my hand now..."

"Right, sorry. The letter you have is F and I have W. There's a whole dictionary from A to Z."

"What language is this?"

"It's daedric. First seen in a video game, but It's origin is before Egypt. The letters are carved into the bricks on pyramids and also on Stone Hedge."

"Alien?"

"Native. Unknown by whom, though. Some say neanterthalean."

"Awesome."

"Now, I was about to do something..."

"A shower?"

"Right. Try to calm yourself. Don't freak out and adapt."

"Adapt. Got it."

He grinns and leaves.

I lay down on my bed and sing a song in my mind. It's a song Emma and I came up with. EMMA! I need to see emma! Douglas told me not to freak out. I will get to see Emma and Sarah soon. Just stay cool.

Time passes and I fall asleep.

"Eva, wake up." A soft whisper echos in my head. I open my eyes. Douglas is crouching next to my bed.

"Stalk much?"

"You've been asleep for four days now."

"That long!? Why didn't you wake me?"

"I did."

"Earlyer!"

"Because sleep is sacred."

"Oh my God. You and your wize words. Douglas, everything isn't about sleep nor food."

"You're back to normal, atleast."

I look at my hands and he was right.

"Come on. Time for our mision."

"I haven't even trained yet..."

"This is how we train. Through expirience."

"Cool."

"No, not cool," he whispers. I sit up and feel dizzy but it clears out soon.

He takes me upstairs to some sort of an armory. There are bullet proof vests and guns and some other gear. He passes me a vest and my stick I was given in the Royalists base.

"Why do I never get a gun?"

"Because you're not ready yet and melee weapons are much more effective for you to use."

"Excuse me? A while ago you said I was weak."

"Did I? I didn't mean it than."

"Douglas."

He turns around and stare into my eyes.

"What?" He asks.

A short moment of silence. It ends as he grabs a gun next to him and asks me to follow.

"What and where are we doing?"

"We're going to steal some intel from Royalists' small base in Moscow, Russia."

"Where are we now?"

"Seattle. Under the Space Needle."

"In USA?"

"No. Shall we?" he opens a black car's passanger door so I could enter.

"Yes, we shall," I answer as i sit in. He closes the door and sits in the driver seat, activates the engine and hits the gas. He takes us through a long tunnel up and a view of an unknown small town in the evening lights starts flashing around us.

A thought of home creeps in my mind.