Chapter 30

Perfuma's POV (I would do Glimmer but meh why not):

Scorpia, Glimmer, and I were heading over to the Fright Zone as we came to a halt by a cracked grey pillar with dark muck. The Fright Zone sure has a lot of pillars.

"Stop," Glimmer ordered as she shot her hand out where I could see a huge door. "Be quiet from here on out," she whispered before sparkle bombing the door with all of her strength.

Suddenly I saw Scorpia stumble back as a trickle of sweat went down her forehead, in front of us there was a silhouette of three figures. One of them was tall and looked like a lizard of some sort. I think the second one had blond hair which I could see reflecting off of the shadows, they were skinny and definitely underfed. The third one was the shortest and had brown hair, it was wrapped up in a ponytail, it kind of reminded me of long pasta. 

"Do you know these people?" I whispered to Scorpia. She didn't reply to me, instead she stepped up as if she wanted to talk.

"Lonnie I-" Scorpia started, dragging her attention to the shortest girl but instead Lonnie held out her hand to cut her off. 

"I was the one who gave you the idea of doing it, I'm not a hypocrite Scorpia," they said, as Scorpia's shoulders relaxed. The lizard person grunted in approval.

"Thanks Rogelio," Scorpia said relieved as she smiled at the tall creature.

"Um hey Scorpia, not to be weird or anything but what gender are they, I don't wanna assume," I whispered quietly in my ear as she giggled and responded back. I said thanks before putting my attention back on the Horde Soldiers. 

"U-um w-w-we we-wer-e th-thi-think-thinkin," the blonde haired boy started before Lonnie cut him off with a reassuring pat on his back.

"What Kyle was trying to say..." Lonnie smiled at Kyle before turning her attention to Glimmer, "we don't want to sit around anymore and mindlessly serve Catra so... we were wondering if maybe we could join you guys?" she asked in a soft tone. I don't know what it was about her but she instantly sparked my trust. 

"Of course you guys can!" Scorpia burst out in enthusiasm as I smiled at her excitement. Scorpia stepped back and cleared her throat.

"I mean- that's your choice Glimmer," she said politely before getting a nod from Glimmer.

"If Scorpia trusts you, we'd love for you guys to join the Rebellion," Glimmer stated, smiling at the trio.

"Aww come here guys!" Scorpia exclaimed as she lunged forward and wrapped her arms around the three. They looked like they had gotten the air sucked out of them, they probably had with Scorpia's hugs but something about the sight made me smile.

"You guys can head over to the palace if you'd like," I offered, looking at Glimmer to see if she'd be okay with it.

"Yeah, take this," Glimmer said, taking off her cape, "Tell them I sent you guys here," she said before the trio smiled, nodded, and started their way to the palace.

"Here we are Scorpia," Glimmer said in excitement as the Black Garnet revealed itself. It was quite dull for a runestone. 

"I'm not sure if I can do this but I'll try," Scorpia said before stepping up.

"I'm rooting for you," I said, waving my hands up gently in the air as I noticed a slight shade of red trickle onto her cheeks. 

"Hey um... stone," she tapped it, "We're supposed to have like this connection or something," she said in confusion as I was watching her attempts to connect with the stone. The first few times she kept failing as Glimmer started looking more impatient.