Chapter 28

Adora's POV:

In the Horde, I could see huge tinted green and dark grey pillars surrounding the rooms. In conclusion, it was like any other day in the Fright Zone. My eyes darted around my surroundings as my eye caught onto Entrapta's bot. What was the name again? The name Emily flashed into my mind as I remembered Entrapta speaking fondly of her, that is before she risked her life to save a robot which then ended up in her being on the wrong side.

"Bow, you go right, Netossa, left, Spinnerella will go south, and I'll stay north," I explained into our shared speakers as they gave me signs of agreement.

"Spinnerella, I'm gonna check in on you first considering you're at the opposite end," I told her as I gave her instructions, "Go as high as you can with your winds and you should see this railing, from there it should be easy to find an entrance," I said firmly into the camera. Yep, it was that railing.

"What about me?" I heard Netossa ask me through the speaker.

"I should've thought this out before we got here and made a plan," I grumbled under my breath before turning on my mic and talking to Netossa, "You see the red lighting with the murky grey goop? Next to that, you should see a sewer. After saving Glimmer, I realized there was an easier way through, you may have to feel for it a bit though. Anyway, when you're looking directly at the sewer, turn right and you'll have to feel for a little hatch to sneak your way through," I explained as I remembered Mermista's frustrated groans from the sewer.

"Thanks, also Adora? You're amazing, you know that? It takes guts to do what you're doing right now and leading us like you are," Netossa said into the mic.

"Thanks," I sighed with happiness, At least this was worth something, "Alright, and finally Bow, I want you to use one of your weird arrows that I forgot the name of because you've made too many and search for frequencies. With the Horde's great tech, no offense Bow, but the Horde has Entrapta, which means whatever they're using, it's gotta send off some strong signals. That portal was and will always be the worst thing that happened, and I'll make sure of it," I said with a deep breath as I heard beeping sounds which I assume came from Bow's arrow.

"Before I cut out for a little, I wanna tell you that I agree with Netossa," Bow said into the mic and even though I couldn't see his facial expression, I know that behind the speaker, he had a soft smile on his face.

We met up in a small circle, surrounded by crowded muck and squeezed in by railings exactly as I had planned, which was weird considering nothing ever goes as planned. Maybe I can be a good planner. Obviously, my moment of self-confidence was destroyed by the sounds of metallic footsteps clanking against the floors of the Fright Zone.

"Hello Adora," Hordak smirked as he approached me with Entrapta by his side who looked as if she were enjoying looking at a green chip.

"Hordak," I said sourly in a tone that was usually reserved for Catra, he'll have to do. Why was I so stupid? I should have known that my plans never work the way they're supposed to! Usually, in these circumstances, I would have tried to reason with Entrapta until I realized she was one of the main reasons the portal existed in the first place.

"Can you guys just let our plans go right for once?!" Bow screeched as his voice cracked right when his tone started to get intimidating.

"We already have though, we aren't going to do anything you," Hordak explained in a mockery of peace as I noticed Netossa slowly put her fist down, probably because Spinnerella was holding it down.

"If you aren't gonna do anything to us then we might as well-" Netossa started in a tone full of anger before Spinnerella wrapped her arms around Netossa to pull her back.

"Not now darling, we can at least wait to see what he has to say," Spinnerella said but I could tell her tone was full of the same sourness.

"You want to know about our plan? Entrapta, show them our little presentation," Hordak sneered as he tossed a little purple chip into Entrapta's hands. She inserted it into a little rectangular projector as it cast out above her arm. I was about to step forward and snatch it but I noticed Bow holding me back.

"...and doing this will summon-" the tape cut off as the projector started glitching. I felt like laughing. or crying. I don't know what sound came out of my mouth but if I had to put it in words maybe a... gargled laugh? I didn't feel like laughing or crying anymore, I'd done enough of that.

"SUMMON WHAT?!" I screamed at the little projector in Entrapta's hands, "I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF WEIRD TECH! JUST GIVE ME THE ANSWER STRAIGHT UP!" I yelled, smashing my arms onto the railings.

"Adora-" Netossa reached out, before resigning her arm back, "On the way here you were the one who said we shouldn't take too much action, and I hate to admit it but you're probably right," Netossa tried to calm me down but I could feel the anger boiling up in her stomach.

"Come on," Spinnerella grabbed my wrist as I could feel Bow helping her before I felt a surge of wind flowing through my hair.

"N-n-n-n-n-n-no! We gotta go back!" I yelled but my voice came out muffled through the wind.

"Adora... we agreed not to take action," Bow said as I felt the anger slowly go down in my stomach as I took a deep breath.

"We were so close to finding out what was gonna happen! We coulda just- we coulda snatched the tape then left! We coulda found a way to work it!" I argued through cut off breaths.

"I know it seems like a regular projector but there was something off about it, I saw a shining green light through it, it was light but it was definitely there. I'm not saying I'm scared of green light but it just reeked of First one's tech which may I remind you, only Entrapta can use." Bow stated as I dug my hands into my hair grumbling a brief comment back.

"We could have at least taken them down or something!" I yelled back before I saw Netossa shaking her head, "Netossa? A few moments ago you were ready to judo flip any Horde Soldier, what changed?"

"Nothing, I'm still me, but the only thing is, I saw what was behind them, there were thousands of them," Netossa shuddered as I inched my eyebrow up in confusion.

"Thousands of what?" I asked.

"Thousands of those bots we were fighting back in the Whispering Woods, those ones that almost completely drained us. It's like Entrapta figured out a way to clone them or something," Netossa explained, inching closer to Spinnerella who allowed her to play with her hair.

"Do you think there's something else going on then? Something bigger than what we originally thought? If the Horde has cloning magic, we're practically done for," Spinnerella asked. It was unusual for Spinnerella to be so negative but I could tell she genuinely meant it.

"Definitely, and we're gonna find out."