Chapter 37

Third Person POV:

Her eyes shot open, feeling a comfy mattress under her body. 

"Catra...?" Adora whispered in question, reaching out to touch her hand, flinching back in hesitance. 

"Please, stop it, let me go, she's not coming back for me."

Catra's pleads sank through Adora's head. Adora cupped her face gently, "I'm here, I'll always come back for you, idiot." 

"N-no stop it! This is a simulation- a test! She didn't come back- she wouldn't," Catra muttered, digging her hands into her face, her claws raking along her hairline. 

"Horde Prime may be a huge jerk but at least he has good taste in hair," Adora joked and a strained chuckle escaped Catra's lips. Catra looked at her.

"It's really you."

"Well of course it's me you idiot," Adora remarked, handing Catra a bottle of water who graciously took it and started chugging. 

Adora sat on the bed and Catra stared at her, "Well? Aren't you gonna lay down?" Adora looked at her in shock, "Are you-?" 

Catra patted the space next to her, "Lay down."

They looked at each other, unspoken words traveling through their thoughts as they laid there in the silence cutting through the air. 

"Can I touch you?" Adora asked, breaking the calm silence. 

Catra looked at her in shock, remembering Horde Prime's possessive gentle touches. 

But this was Adora

"Okay," she whispered, clenching her eyes shut as she felt Adora's arm softly reach for the back of her neck as Catra curled up her legs, her tail curling around the both of them, pulling them together. Soft purs echoed through the room, as Catra dug her face into Adora's arm. 

About three minutes later, a tall archer and a short pink-haired girl walked into the room. 

"Awww," Bow and Glimmer cooed in unison. 

"Hey um Glimmer? Are we sure we can trust Catra?" Bow asked after the two had walked out of the room. 

"Yeah... are you saying you don't trust her?" Glimmer asked.

"I mean- yeah! Can you blame me though? I guess I can understand why Adora's willing to accept her but you- Glimmer, you're the one who wanted to get rid of her and would scream at Adora," Bow's words drifted off, "You hurt all of us..."

"Bow..." Glimmer choked down a sob, "I'm so sorry," Glimmer said.

Bow gave her a smile before it morphed into a frown, "It's not enough Glimmer, you hurt us a lot."

"You hurt me."

"What's going on?" Adora asked, walking out of the room.

"Where's Catra?" Glimmer asked.

"Oh, she's still sleeping but she'll be fine! Or maybe I should check on her again! But I did just leave her... but maybe she needs some more water and food or more blankets! You know, she might be cold, or too hot! She could be suffocating- you know I really should- no, I just left I can't just- but just in case..." 

"Calm down Adora, I'm sure she's fine," Bow said, trying to reassure her. 

"Well better safe than sorry!" Adora said as she sprinted towards the room and came back in a flash,  "Phew, she's fine, but what if while I was leaving-"

"I believe that you are being a paranoid girlfriend," Entrapta appeared behind them, her mask sitting on top of her head.

"Girlfriend?" Adora asked.