Chapter 14

Adora's POV:

The weight in my arms got a little bit heavier making my arms droop down almost dropping Catra in the process. I struck out my knee to make sure Catra's head didn't land harshly on the ground before gently throwing her up to regain balance.

"What the-" I murmured to myself in confusion at the sudden weight in my arms. We were in a dark forest where we couldn't see a thing including each other so I started slowly skipping to get out faster while pacing my feet.

After avoiding a potential disaster, I looked down at Catra to find her eyes shut and sleeping cutely in my arms. I had to use all my willpower to stifle a little giggle from spilling out of my mouth and set Catra down on a field gently.

"Hey Catra-" I prodded hopefully, "Wake up," I said trying to keep a serious tone but instead a strained lighthearted chuckle came out of my mouth instead.

"Ugh- I'm up Adora, just wanted a small catnap," Catra explained, mumbling the last part.

"Anyways... Until we figure out how to get out of here, we'll need to work together, then we can go back to our own sides." I spoke with strained anger.

"Um... yeah-" Catra said sleepily rolling over onto her side with her hair ruffled around the tufts in her shoulders.

"Fine, wait I have the sword now! I'm such an idiot!" I realized mentally facepalming.

"Ya just figured that out?" Catra said flatly and amused.

"Well... I- I-" I stuttered trying to come up with a reasonable explanation.

"Just do it dummy." Catra said, rolling her eyes clearly annoyed.

"FOR THE HONOR OF GRAYSKULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"I exclaimed raising the sword overhead dramatically watching as I watched my outfit change from a red shoulder padded jacket to a white dress with a short skirt. Catra flinched back at this action cringing.

Catra flung herself up and groaned in disgust, "Come on princess, let's just find a way to do something quickly," she whispered harshly.

"Don't you want me to heal- you know." I asked flumbering (I am aware this is not a word but for some reason it feels right) my words.

"Fine but then we're getting out of this dump," Catra sighed, uninterested while sitting down.

I focused all my energy onto Catra with the light radiating off my sword and my eyes glowing, "Feel better?" I asked, sourly noticing Catra's annoyed expression.

"I'll admit, it feels a little better..." Catra said completely not wanting to admit my amazingness.

"A little?" I asked looking at her softly with a chuckle.

She looked at me and her face turned a shade of crimson red and she shifted her pupils away from my eyes.

We sat there in the deafening silence before I noticed Catra's pupils dilating and her arms striking out in front of her eyes to avoid the flashing light.

"Guessing that's our way out of this place," Catra stared blankly.

I looked up to see a tip pointing upwards letting out a flashing golden light from the peak of it's base.

"Fine, let's go," I sighed, grasping Catra's wrist and dragging her along with her.

She snatched her wrist out of my grip and growled at me and I responded with an annoyed look.

Catra grabbed my wrist instead and started dragging me, "I wanna lead," she mumbled.

"Hypocrite," I mumbled under my breath.

"You know I can hear that right? I have cat ears." Catra pointed out with her right hand placed sassily on her hip.

"Right, I almost forgot." I said attempting to lighten up the mood but then ended up making her madder.

"You wouldn't have if you just stayed," Catra mumbled.

At that moment, I snapped my wrist out of her hand, it was my turn to take initiative, "Are you serious?!? You were the one who broke the promise!" I snapped, delivering a slight hit to her side.

"Me?! We had each other's backs, Adora, we were supposed to lead together, but then you went off with those princesses," Catra spat, her voice cracking with hurt.

"You were the one who broke it, when you decided to let me fall off the cliff, that was when you decided to stop having my back! You were the one who broke our promise!" I snapped at her, tears streaming down my face as I wiped them away with the back of my sleeves.

"Don't you get it Adora?!?!?! You left me, we hate each other! We always have, so please just this once, LEAVE ME ALONE!" Catra screamed, shoving me to the ground.

"You ask me to leave you alone, then to stay, which is it you want Catra?!?!?" I yelled back, standing up for myself.

"I can do things by myself!" Catra yelled back before adding, "Do you really have that less faith in me?" with her voice cracking.

"I- I never said that!" I called out desperately with Catra protecting herself with her arms wrapped around herself and her back to me.

"Let's just get this done and go back to our own sides, the tower is right there, there's probably this magic thingy in that tower." Catra pointed out while me made our way, clawing through the rough vines attached to the sides of the building.

"This is it," I said relieved.

"Portal denied," we heard as we came face to face with something remarkably close to Light Hope, except this one had different features and definitely more technical than Light Hope.

"Why?!?!" I said, having just about enough with technology.

"To access the key to return to your world you will need an act of a greater force with another," the tech explained.

"And what is that greater force," I asked.

"Well it depends, it can be anger, strength, friendship, love, fear, it just needs to initiate the ultimate power phase of She-Ra," the tech claimed.

"Thanks!" I said running away with Catra to another part of the tower.

"Why'd you make us run? We should've asked more questions!" Catra exclaimed in anger.

"Trust me, that thing wouldn't have given us any more useful information than that." I chuckled, remembering my past experiences.

"So how do we access this greater force so we can get out of here already?!?!" Catra asked in frustration, "We're just stuck in another place together, can't it just end?" she grumbled.

"Hey it'll be okay," I reassured, "then-" my voice started cracking with sadness, "then we'll go back to normal enemies-"