Chapter 9

Adora's POV:

"Catra, wake up!" I exclaimed startling Catra who instantly shot up out of the bed fists raised.

"Really Adora?" Catra said annoyed as she pointed towards me accusingly while rolling over sighing.

"There's a Horde attack at Salineas going on right now, hurry up!" I said practically dragging her out of bed before she got up on her own feet rushing towards the door with me.

"Who else is coming?" Catra asked while I explained how we were gonna take the best friends squad plus Mermista.

"Glimmah make sure you're safe!" Queen Angella said before wrapping her up in a hug while Glimmer hugged back, staying in the embrace for a few seconds before giving a slight nod and teleporting out to join us.

"Um, where's Bow and Mermista?" I asked Glimmer looking around for them already ready to go.

"I don't know, I think Bow was talking about wanting to practice a new combo move with Mermista who complained about how stupid it was." Glimmer explained with her hand on her hip and an amused one.

"I call it the Mermaid Archer!" Bow said stepping in dramatically arm up waving it slowly for effect.

"Ya well Bow kinda forced me into it but it's basically just an arrow that gets powered up with my powers." Mermista said groaning.

"That sounds... cool!" Glimmer said with a little pause before stepping in ready before giving us a hand wave signal to step out.

**At Salineas**

A Horde Ship set forward with Octavia leading it pointing forwards in a commanding confident position.

Catra stifled a chuckle as she nudged me, "We're going up against the person who got her eye scratched out by a 6 year old."

I stifled in a chuckle clearly remembering the moment like it had been yesterday while Catra and I were holding hands squealing barely making it before Octavia could get in. Luckily we could lock the door behind us and safely make it out while having a good laugh.

"For the Honor of Grayskull!" I said proudly before getting cut off by Catra.

"Um... Adora, what are you doing?" she said pointing towards my arm as I sheepishly blushed.

I nervously chuckled before saying "Sorry force of habit." as an excuse even though I found my mind to be blank.

"Force of habit for what though? You've literally never done that." Catra said obviously annoyed and worried at the same time.

Before I could reply a paper flew into my hand coming from Catra's direction. I opened it up revealing the word Mara.

"Um, did you write this?" I asked looking at her.

She opened it up again revealing a blank piece of paper while saying "Did I write a blank piece of paper, I'm gonna go with no."

"Wait but it was just-" I stopped myself having a mental panic of flashbacks.

"Horde Alert!" Bow yelled out with him and Glimmer back to back and Mermista getting in stance to get ready for the Mermaid Archer.

Kyle, Lonnie and Rogelio showed up first leaping down to our level ready to attack while Octavia stepped right in front of Catra and me.

"That eyepatch looks even stupider in real life." Catra sneered at Octavia before she charged forward ready to attack while Catra took an effortless spin easily dodging the attempted hit.

"I'm gonna go stop the ship from firing at the Sea Gate!" I announced waiting for a slight nod before setting off to go stop the canons.

No one's POV:

Mermista fired off a huge wave setting it in Bow's direction while he kicked up inserting the arrow into place as they fired towards Lonnie, Kyle, and Rogelio. Lonnie set off with a leap flipping into a stance and landing rigidly on a platform while Rogelio somersaulted out easily. The edge of Kyle's shirt got pinned against a wooden plank as he groaned in disappointment.

"Seriously Kyle?!" Lonnie said with a hardened gaze directed at him piercing through his eyes.

"Focus on the task at hand!" Octavia yelled while Lonnie sprang up and threw a hit towards Glimmer. Rogelio growled and made his way over to Kyle to free him.

"Thanks." Kyle flustered nervously, blushing in embarrassment.

Mermista fired a water blast headed straight towards the cannon Adora was currently sitting on while frantically pulling out wires with some wrapped around her feet.

"Oh thanks." Adora said giggling nervously before heading back.

"How are you doing with Octavia?" Adora asked back to back with Catra before Catra barrel rolled away from Octavia's claws.

"I'm fine Adora." she said a little disgusted while Adora stepped back with her arms up in surprise before charging at Rogelio with a staff while Lonnie jumped up from behind with a taser and was battling Adora with green sparks flying from it. Rogelio sprang up ready to aid the fight but Adora took out her right leg and used it to keep him back.

Adora was about to win with Lonnie almost completely on the floor but still holding herself up with her toes before she felt a glitch and appeared in a bed.

Back to Adora's POV:

"Huh wha-" I said in surprise with Catra sitting right next to me on my bed flicking her fingers uninterestedly.

"What-? Th-the Battle I swear we were just fighting over- huh?!" I said, flustering my fingers around as if I were trying to catch something that weren't there.

"What battle?" Catra said weirdly looking at me as if I had lost an eye or something.

"The one with Salineas with O-octavia, Lonnie and-and," my voice caught in my throat and I couldn't remember anything so what came out of my mouth was a dry mess.

"Adora, Salineas was taken over a month ago, we lost that once all the soldiers came in."

"Catra what do you-" I started asking before she gliched out and I slammed my hands on the bed.

"Catra! Where'd you go?" I frantically started looking around before falling onto my knees then picking myself up and running out.

"Hey, has anybody seen-? I started off before looking into the kitchen but then noticing a bright light.

"She-Ra It is your destiny to uphold the sword and say the words FOR THE HONOR OF GRAYSKULL!" a voice spoke echoing through my ears as I gasped.

"Where are you? Who are you? What's going on?" I asked in question trying to touch the glowing light before it vanished.

I ran outside suddenly bumping into Entrapta, "Entrapta what's going on?!"

"SCIENCE! Look over there!" she said pointing in awe at a purplish bluish blend of colors in the sky.

"What is that?" I asked gazing at Entrapta who had her hair rubbing her chin and she opened her mouth to start speaking.

"I don't know! That's the fun part!" Entrapta started cackling as I groaned before seeing a light blue tip sneak out.

"I need an explanation." I mumbled to myself before running out.