Chapter 5

Adora's POV: 

I almost sank right then and there. Catra was here with my sword standing before me.

"Aw, what's the matter?" Catra said tauntingly as she swiftly passed the sword in front of my face.

I tried to snatch it but failed, the only thing it did was put a smirk on her face. 

I growled then said, "For the honor of Graysku- oh..."

Catra put her hand on my cheek and did her cute high pitched laugh I would be greeted with every morning in the Fright Zone except this time I had to ignore it. I turned my expression stone cold then continued with, "Please Catra, is this really what you want? You don't have to do this, we can fix this..."

The little glint of hope in my eye faded as Catra started laughing "Oh please Adora, we've passed that stage ages ago."

"Catra I-" I started and then cut myself off after I couldn't think of anything else to say after that.

"You what Adora?!?!" Catra angrily screamed at me and I shrunk back in shock surprised at the harshness behind the tone of her voice.

Catra swiped the sword towards her chest and I ducked to look up seeing her signature smirk, "I could get used to fighting with a sword but I think I prefer the whip.

No one's POV:

Catra took her whip out keeping the sword to her side and flashed the whip past Adora's eyes, it kept going straight looking like it was about to hit Glimmer but she teleported away from it. 

Catra smirked again and said "You princesses are so predictable," while quickly rerouting her legs and using the whip to grasp Glimmer's wrist. Then, she forcefully slammed it down.

Glimmer hit the ground in pain while trembling a little before getting back up. 

Bow shot a net arrow towards Catra who gracefully dodged into a back handspring and caught the arrow fast enough to send it flying back towards Bow. 

He stumbled to the ground wrapped with his own net and groaned while saying, "Bested by my own arrows." 

"Bow, wait I'm coming." Glimmer tried to teleport only to realize the amount of teleports were out so she started sprinting towards Bow to get him out of the net. 

"Glimmer go help Bow." Adora said as she took a swing over to Catra so Glimmer could get a clear path. Adora pinned Catra against the ground and tried to hold her there in time for Glimmer to go to Bow. 

Catra went limp for a second and and Adora released her grip on her about to check on her but Catra just smiled and hoisted her legs up and kicking Adora in the stomach throwing her off.

Adora gasped with the wind knocked out of her remembering that old trick the Horde had taught them before jumping back into realization realizing that Catra was running towards Glimmer.

Catra tackled Glimmer over and they were rolling towards the edge of a cliff so Adora picked herself off of her feet groaning in pain still clutching her stomach. 

"Are you okay Ador-" Glimmer started gently asking before Catra cut her off and they went the other direction and Catra slammed Glimmer into a cactus. Glimmer gasped in shock before the cactus froze her up.

"Catra!" Adora screamed running over to her in rage pinning her yet again making sure Catra wouldn't do the old Horde trick. Her arms squeezed tighter around Catra's shoulders but Catra kept that ferocious glare on her face not showing a single sign of fear.

Catra could feel the anger coursing through her as she fought to get out of Adora's grip as it kept tightening, it grasped her hard. The sword flung out of Catra's grasp not close enough for Adora to grab it while keeping Catra in place. Her arm reached over trying to grab the sword and secure Catra at the same time but it laid their in the middle of the desert. 

Adora's hand grazed the tip of the sword as she grabbed it forgetting about Catra, Catra swiftly got up by lifting her legs up and bringing one arm after the other over her head. She then kicked both of her feet up and over landing in a perfect standing position before sprinting towards Adora.

Adora was close by so it didn't take long before they clashed and Catra flicked the sword, accidentally throwing it over to the cactus. Adora tried to frantically grab it reaching her arm out desperately to grasp the sword in her hand and transform but right before she could do it the sword froze up and Adora flinched her hand back so the same thing wouldn't happen to her.

"Oops, did I do that?" Catra said while smiling at Adora victoriously looking at the frozen Glimmer with the sword and Bow still struggling to get out of the net.

"Bow! I completely forgot, wait!" Adora started running over to get someone else to outnumber Catra. 

"Arghh!" Catra tackled me down ferociously looking at me with her claw and  near my throat and her gloves spiked out but I countered back knowing she was lighter than me remembering how I used to carry her brigal style in the Fright Zone knowing she hated it because she felt like royalty.

I finally mustered up the courage so I backed up my arm and clenched my fist ready to hit her until I felt my body spin before hitting the ground.

"Hands off my Wildcat." Scorpia said fiercely.

"Was that okay? Was I too intimidating? Should I have gently pushed her away instead, oh is she okay?" Scorpia started asking questions like a storm while Catra face palmed.

"Yes Scorpia, that was fine." Catra said annoyed, "I think we can go back now also pick up that sword." Catra finished with Adora reaching her hand out to try and get up.

"You got it boss! Let me just oh you know these pincers it's always hard to, maybe if i could find the spot for no that's not it or maybe..." Scorpia kept rambling on and on and Catra was just about to tell her to stop before she heard some metal clanking sound.

"Did you move the sword in a weird direction or something?" Catra asked while looking at Scorpia.

"Err, Wildcat that wasn't me." Scorpia said while shaking pointing behind Catra.

Catra looked behind her to see the bots Entrapta had specially designed. One of the bots sent out a beam of electric energy which Catra easily dodged from experience. 

Another bot struck with a robotic hand and swiped the sword away from the cactus easily storing it in a small compartment Entrapta had put for the sword to be collected.

Hordak used a speaker to communicate with a different bot, "Capture the ones with the dumb hair poof, cotton candy hair, and arrows."

Numerous bots hovered around them easily swooping Bow and Glimmer and taking them away however Adora was still strong enough to get up.

"You never know when to give up Adora." Catra said laughing. Catra took out her whip backing Adora against a bot. Once Adora came into contact with it she screamed in pain and dropped to the ground trembling, shivers overtaking her body. Adora threw Catra that look of betrayal and Catra snarled at her.

"At least Shadow Weaver was good for something." she said coldly before watching Adora departure.

"So err, are we going back...?" Scorpia asked ready to run back to the Crimson Waste.

Catra let out that small chuckle you make when you don't find something humorous but don't want to have no reply.

Catra thought for a moment and then replied with, "Let's follow this, I'm intrigued to see where this goes." 

Scorpia was shocked but nodded ready for whatever Catra and her were going to do.