Chapter 24

Catra's POV:

I laid down in the weird magical barrier with a blank expression on my face, wondering how much time it had been.

"Why are all the colors so glittery?" I grumbled to myself, noticing how my clothes were starting to have a sickening pink sparkle on them.

"ARGH! Get off!" I yelled, trying to swipe the glitter off but instead, it stuck there, clinging onto me, "Why is it so hard to get Glitter off?!" I cursed, still swiping with my hands to get rid of the glitter.

Eventually, I gave up and slumped back into the slouched position I was in before, Might as well get used to it.

"Food is served," one of the guards approached and slammed down a pack of food in front of me.

Ugh, what is this? I thought to myself, trying to identify the food through smell. My hands glided over until they reached some letters. TUNA

What the heck is tuna? The smell of it made me nauseous and I felt like throwing up, This is basically cat poison.

I curled up into a ball of discomfort, hoping that if I went to sleep everything that had happened was a dream and I'd wake up in Adora's arms.

"Why did you do it Catra?" Adora's body stood in front of the red swiveling force with an angry expression plastered on her face. I had a panicked expression on my face as I glanced around quickly to see an exit, somewhere I could escape.

"Don't leave me hanging, tell me the reason!" Adora spat in my face, grasping the neck of my top in her hands and bringing it closer to her face.

I tried to give a reasonable response but my mouth went dry in my throat as I felt Adora's hands tighten around my throat.

"Come on Catra, I'm waiting, why can't you just listen?!" Adora screamed, inching closer to me with hatred as my entire body shivered and my eyes dilated.

I woke up panting and sweating with my tail wrapped around my leg and my pupils as tiny as they could be.

"Woah there kitten," a familiar voice spoke before my vision came back to me.

"Double Trouble," I said, with a breath of relief before hardening my expression, "Where were you?" I burst out while they looked at me with a sly look.

"Looking for you darling, but it's kind of hard when everyone's on your case," they smirked before I noticed the barrier collapse.

"How- how'd you do that?" I asked, shock still covering my voice as I quivered.

"Transforming darling," they said with a dramatic stage presence smirk before looking back at me. I was still unable to move and my voice was still quivering in an attempt to stay firm.

Their arms wrapped around my shoulders as they carefully helped me stand up. My black sleeved arm was covering the other as Double Trouble leaned over me smiling.

"We gonna bust out of here kitten?" they smirked before putting my arm over their shoulders.

"Ye-yeah- let's go," I breathed shakily before we ran out as fast as possible, Gosh these guards are useless.

We snuck out behind and hurried off into the whispering woods before stopping and sitting down on the wooden stumps near the Horde base.

"I- thank you," I took a breath and said it reluctantly as Double Trouble gave me a sly smirk, "Yo-you didn't have to save me-," I sighed before Double Trouble wrapped their arms around me, still smirking. Their tail coiled around mine, not asking for permission before I gave in and my tail calmly slouched over theirs.

Adora's POV:

Why do I feel like something's going wrong? I've already beat Catra.

The bots were still inching in closer and everyone was getting even more tired. As She-Ra, I was fine but I noticed Mermista stopping every few seconds while Netossa was too tired to make a competition out of it. Spinnerella was getting too tired to spin and make tornadoes to wipe them out.

"We should head back," I said, detransforming, "We've been doing this for more than a day and I doubt they're gonna stop coming!" I called out to the other princesses. Frosta had got back so she could get back to her duties and probably so she could take a nap but she'd never admitted that to our faces.

"What about the Whispering Woods? Are we just gonna let it die?" Spinnerella asked with concern.

"Yeah, what are we gonna do about it? We can't let it die again," Netossa piped in to support Spinnerella.

"I'm with Adora, we should take a break," Mermista groaned, stepping up from her previous slouched position, groggily.

"What's Perfuma gonna say? She's gonna kill us if she knows that we let the whispering woods die again," Netossa said again.

"She's gonna have to deal with it, for now, I know she's been busy with duties in Plumeria but when she's free, she's gonna have to come to help us" I explained as I noticed Spinnerella step up.

"I guess you're right..." she said, her words drifting as she got up tired and started walking towards me before Netossa gripped her wrist.

"Our place is way too far away to just walk, what's gonna happen if we run into something?" Netossa asked with dark circles under her eyes.

"I hadn't thought about that," Spinnerella admitted before stepping back towards Netossa, "I'm not sure if we can make it back to our place," she replied.

"I'm sure you could stay in Brightmoon, lemme just ask Glimmer about it," I said, as I called Glimmer through our devices, "Hey Glimmer, is it okay if Netossa and Spinnerella stay the night at Bright Moon?" I asked as Glimmer smiled.

"Duh! It'll be fun!" she exclaimed as Bow piped in beside her.

"Of course! Princess sleepover party!" he sing-songed as Sea Hawk and he linked arms and started dancing around.

"Ever since their 'boys night out' or whatever they call it, they've been acting super hyper," Glimmer explained before I nodded.

"Thanks," Spinnerella smiled warmly before kissing Netossa on the forehead, "Come on darling, let's go."