Chapter 10

Catra's POV:

"Come on Adora it's time to go to Salineas." I said harshly shoving her in the skiff.

"I need to know what that thing was!" Adora said looking hopefully over the skiff gazing back at the sword longingly.

"FINE JUST LEAVE LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO!" I screeched with my tufts slinging forward and tears pouring down my face.

"C-Catra what do you mean leave you?" Adora said, looking concerned gazing down at my feet to avoid meeting my eyes.

I cackled maniacally pointing at her accusingly "So that's what this is all about right, playing off this little miss perfect and having your brain go naa naa naa naa naa naa naa naa naa noo you can't risk falling off your throne." (I'm sorry I wanted to end it at Little Miss Perfect but couldn't help myself).

"Wha-what are you talking about, I still don't get it! Catra, I never wanted to be better than you!" Adora said pleadingly, taking my hand gently rubbing it like when we were kids.

I rubbed my own fingers against my hands with my nails carefully brushing up against them before pulling them back harshly.

"Catra, what are you doing?" Adora said with visible concern as she cautiously moved forward.

"I- I dunno" I said putting my hands over my forehead grasping it tightly while Adora was watching fear overwhelming her pretty sky blue eyes.

"A-are you okay Catra?" Adora said before adding, "Can I touch you?"

I took in a breath and relaxed my shoulders indicating that she could come closer. She slowly wrapped her arms around my shoulders, "Catra we don't have to go to Salineas today if you don't feel good." Adora said while massaging my shoulders gently.

I slowly but gently snuck out of her grasp and then carefully quivered my mouth saying "I-I'm fine, let's go attack Salineas." I said morphing my face into a slight genuine smile before we continued on the skiff.

"Let's go, force captain," I said smiling looking at Adora, ready for her to grab the skiff control

She smiled at me warmly before grabbing the control while I wrapped my tail around her wrist.

*Flash, flash, glitch, glitch, lighty thing*

"Want food?" Adora said with sparkly eyes and her dorky face.

"Fine," I giggled with a high pitched voice even though I wondered whether we were just on the skiff or not.

"Remember the ration bars we got in the Horde." I said with chuckles in between each word.

"Yeah!" Adora said laughing, "The first time you tasted the brown ones you puked in my hands!'

I blushed lightly then went on to say, "In my defense the grey ones have more texture!"

"Catra, I'm pretty sure they were the same just with food dye on the grey one." Adora said laughing while nudging me playfully.

"How would you know Adora, you don't have a perfect sense of smell." I retorted with amusement while Adora looked at me with her arms crossed leaning against the railway.

"I have an amazing sense of smell, it's not my fault I don't have these freakish superhuman sense of smell like you do." Adora said in between amused giggles while I just looked at her warmly.

"I forgot to ask but, what did you do for the report on Salineas to Shadow Weaver?" I asked looking at her, awaiting an answer.

"Why are you asking now Catra? That happened like a month ago, remember we won and met those two Rebellion soldiers. You gave them both nicknames, I can't remember... Wait! It just came to me, you called them Glitter Bomb and Heart Chest, don't you remember!" Adora said, chuckling recalling the names while I sat in confusion trying to process everything.

I started walking out of the room ignoring Adora and just mumbling that I would be back.

"Ugh what is with all of this?! Isn't this supposed to be Adora's job with all the heroics and stuff! Wait, but we're the villains, why do I see her as a hero? I thought she'd swoop in and be like 'This is wrong Catra! We need to go back' but no I'm stuck with all these visions and stuff when that should be Adora's job!" I said screaming to myself mentally before casually slipping into the room with Adora waiting for me to arrive.

"What were you doing Catra?" Adora said looking at me questionably trying to look for hints.

I hissed and jumped back before realizing it was just Adora, "Nothing I was just-" before I could finish my sentence I felt a glitch rise up and couldn't see Adora.

"Adora?!?! Where are you?!" I started frantically looking around trying to keep my composure, "Not again," I murmured to myself

'What is going on here?' I thought to myself before sneaking past the green muck of the Fright Zone. The greyish tint was following me outside as I took a breath of air in the Whispering Woods.

"What are you doing here?" Lonnie said approaching me with her arms crossed, not in her normal cadet uniform I was so used to seeing her on in. Insead, she was dressed up in a red top with black frills for sleeves and leggings with an x pattern.

I was about to say something but then hissed back and said, "Better question is what are you doing here?!"

"You snuck out, I was curious, end of story." Lonnie said easily looking at me as if it were common sense.

"Have you seen Adora?" I asked.

"No but I do see that huge thing in the sky with a blueish, purple, pink tint in the sky." Lonnie said gaping in awe while I gazed up not meaning to end up staring for so long.

When I looked back down I saw black specks with a white highlight coming towards me.

"Lonnie, I think-" I said while turning around to face her but not seeing her anywhere.

"Argh! Not Again!" Where are you?" I said groaning in frustration before startling myself by whipping myself around to see black specks flying towards me.

I ran quick and swift making my way over to the familiar pipes of the Fright Zone and running up to the bunk I shared with Adora before slamming the door behind me and collapsing on the bed in exhaustion.