Chapter 66: Their First Love Story

Standing in Khan Bojing's study, Li Wei blushed helplessly. After such a long time, she was reminded once again how it felt to be shy. Her gaze was unsteady, bouncing all over the place until his journal caught her attention.

Li Wei sat in his seat and held the book between her fingers. Slowly, she turned the pages. From the beginning, each page was filled with one name.

Her name.

Li Wei. Li Wei. Li Wei. She smiled with the thought that Khan Bojing, who looked to be such an upright scholar, had been writing nothing but her name in his book.

Her name took up all the space available except for one. On the last page, he wrote something else.

My wife.

She shouldn't have been cold. That night, he had been thinking of no on else but her. Li Wei hugged the book tightly as if it was Khan Bojing himself. Later when he returned, she should try hugging him like this.

"Daddy--" Khan Bohai stopped in his tracks. He rubbed his eyes and opened them again. "Imperial Mother?"

Li Wei hurriedly placed the book back. "Disappointed?"

"N-no." Was it truly his mother who stood before him?

She laughed at his wide eyed expression.

"Now I know," He suddenly said.

"What do you know?"

"I know why daddy likes you."

Li Wei leaned down. "Why?"

"Smile so pretty."

She pinched his chubby cheeks. "How sweet you are, just like your father."

Khan Bohai froze. Mommy was playing with him...He got it now. A smile blossomed on his face.

Li Wei's heart softened further. "Are you looking for your father?"

"I want to eat with daddy."

"You're hungry?"

Khan Bohai touched his tummy that had fallen flat. "En, hungry."

In the dining hall, the mother and son ate quietly. Although Khan Bohai was hungry, he still ate neatly and slowly chewed each bite. While he was busy eating, Li Wei watched his chubby cheeks moved up and down adorably.

"Can I eat that soup too?" Khan Bohai pointed to the untouched bowl.

Her eyes flickered in alarm. "It's not for kids."

"Oh." He politely nodded.

She moved the bowl to a higher place on the wall shelf. "After eating, go back to your studies."

"Yes, Imperial Mother. I'll come find you tomorrow!" Khan Bohai washed his hands when he finished his meal and then ran out where Ye Mo stood waiting.

Tomorrow, he'd come again for a meal. There would be his daddy, mommy, and him.

Like a family.

---

In the afternoon, Li Wei pulled out her embroidery basket. There was a particular embroidery piece she finished in the winter. On the white fabric, there was a field of colorful flowers. Seated by the window, she carefully added something else.

When Khan Bojing entered the garden, she stood at the doorway quietly waiting. His captivating smile upon seeing her made her heart skipped a beat. Li Wei held back a smile when he rushed over as if that little space between them too far for him.

"You haven't gone back yet?" He asked.

"I-I was waiting for you." She looked down. Facing him in the daytime was harder than at nighttime.